Prologue (1)

Prologue (1)

A Story by Noah A
"

Introduction into the short sequence titled 'Face Reality, With A Fantasy'.

"
I can remember listening to my father at when I was a mere child, as he would tell me the fairytale of the Celestial beings: Light and Dark; star-crossed lovers who could only see each other a few minutes every 24 hours. My father would look at me gently, and tuck me into the sheets, reciting the night after night.

Light was the Goddess of day and Dark was the God of night. They would only see each other for a few minutes during the transition between day and night, and night and day. They were friends for many millennia before finally admitting their love for each other. One meeting, as day was changing to night, Light and Dark twisted and mingled together, creating their daughter Twilight.

For nearly a thousand years, there has been a state of mind, to devise a plan to destroy the love of Light and Dark.

Light and Dark began to argue constantly, sending Twilight into a depression where she would consider running away.

It stayed that way for many years, until Twilight got sick of it all and nearly ran away to be with Moon and Heaven.  Who sent her back to her parents.

Twilight went to Life and Death and demanded to know why they always argued. Like Star and Earth before them, Life and Death could not lie after seeing the anguish in the girl's eyes. They told her everything, their jealousy and anger, and their plan to keep their lie a secret forever. Twilight made them promise not to be, hoping it would end their arguing.

Light and Dark stopped fighting constantly, and things became as they once were. Light, Dark, and Twilight were a family once again, and all Celestial beings lived happily after the family became whole.


One day, I would love to tell that story to my children.  If I ever have children.

A girl of 17, awaiting that joyous day she has children of her own.  But instead of fantasizing about her dreams; she stands here contemplating of what her next move will be. A Junior in high school; a dreamer, and a believer.

This is her out-take of life.

© 2012 Noah A


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

Noah A
Noah A

San Diego, CA



About
My name is Noah. ~I love my sisters and brothers dearly. ~I suffer from chronic depression, and find a release in writing. more..

Writing