Desctruction from the Inside Out

Desctruction from the Inside Out

A Story by Noah A
"

This was a dream I've had multiple times over the past year and a half.

"
   Beginning

"Can you hear me?" she said softly.  Her voice gentle, innocent, as if it were a melody straight out of a musicians flute.  I looked around stunned, unknowing where exactly the voice came from, though I nodded to it in response.  "Do you know what they have done to you?" she asked shakily.  "Do you remember what they did to us?"  I sat down on the floor, realizing it was a voice inside my head.  Speaking to me.  As if it were an actual life-form sitting beside me.  "Can you remember what they did to you, Megan?  Can you still hear the aching cries?"  the voice taunted me, beckoning me to recall the horror that was what had occurred three years before.  Remembering the bellowing cries, the pain in her solemn eyes.  The thoughts that drove us to near suicide.... "Never shall we die..." she whispered in my ear coldly, her voice echoing in my thoughts.


   Remembrance

I looked up to her angry face.  Her eyes blaring regret.  "WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!??? NORMAL!!!???!!!" she screamed, turned, and slammed the door behind her as she stormed out of the room.  I sat there looking down at the floor with tears in my eyes, and falling to the carpet below me, with a sharp pain clutching my wrists.  I stood, ready to apologize to her, and walked towards the half shut door.  I stalled.  I could hear her yelling at my dad.  "Why can't she be normal!?" I heard her shout.  My dad sounded as though he was trying to calm her.  "I don't know.  Do you know why she did it to herself?" he asked carefully.  "All she keeps telling me is 'peer-pressure'.  If she's under so much 'pressure', why doesn't she go TALK to someone about it, and get HELP.  Instead of cutting her wrists with a butcher knife!!!???" I could hear the rage in her tone.  So much to the point, it frightened me and I ran to the bathroom.  Locking the door behind me.  I sat in the corner and covered my head with my arms.  "Why can't they understand.  I didn't know what I was doing until it was too late!?  I've apologized a million times over already!" I sobbed into my hoodie.

Her voice echoed again in my head, sounding as though she was directly beside me.  Holding me, comforting me.  "Ignore her darling.  She doesn't want to start trouble." her voice soft, then turned ice cold, "She just hates the fact you can't be like your sister.  Good grades.  Reliable friends.  Honesty.  Responsible.  Trustworthy.  Doesn't make moronic decisions, knowing the destructive outcome of it."  I could feel my heartbeat within my own hallowed chest.  Thud, thud, thud.  Stop.  Thud, thud, thud.  Stop.

I could sense her arm around my shoulders.  "You know they hate you." she taunted.  "You know they don't want you around anymore."

I closed my eyes, "They love me."

She laughed rhetorically.  "If they loved you, they wouldn't had placed you in therapy.  And locked me up inside of that useless brain of yours." she hissed.  I began crying hard, painfully.

Blind-fully, I reached for my razor and ran to my room.  Locking the door behind me.  I stared at the blade for the longest of times, it seemed, forever and then some.

Crying and hearing her wailing and pleading for more, I carved into my left wrist.  Blood seeping out of my veins and onto the floor.  The pain was harsh, but my mind screamed for more.  Something stronger.  I looked up at her faded figure as she handed me a bottle, and smirked.  "Take them."


The only thing I can recall after that, was refusing her orders, and her hands tightly wrapped around my neck.


I awoke in my bed the next morning, to see my mom exiting my room.  My arm wrapped up in a cloth-type covering, and my entire body throbbing and aching.

I lie there wondering to myself.

"What has become of me?"  I looked up to the ceiling remembering her voice echoing in my ears.  My eyes widened, and I gasped.  "Kya."

© 2012 Noah A


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow...this is wicked good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed everything about this story, it is very good.
First of all I can relate to the storyline and what is happening which is what probably makes it more enjoyable.
Second of all you use short sentences, grammar, capitalisation and good amount of detail to create an affect and it really works.
And third of all it is great and you should keep writing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

Noah A
Noah A

San Diego, CA



About
My name is Noah. ~I love my sisters and brothers dearly. ~I suffer from chronic depression, and find a release in writing. more..

Writing