First Night: Earth

First Night: Earth

A Story by Noah A
"

Chapter 1 for: 'Parasomnias: The Night Terrors of Tomorrow'.

"
"As the earth begins to break and fall into itself, I will falter along with it."
~Kenji

The surroundings, calm and serene.  The sky black and the stars twinkling gently.

The slow rumbling sound off in the distance, ignored for now, until it begins growing louder, and closer.

Then, it hits.  Everything begins shaking violently.  As I'm thrown from my bed, I instantly wake in shock.  First instinct takes over and I crawl to the door way.  With my hands covering my head and neck.  I begin hearing cracking, and snapping of wood.  As pieces of the roof begins falling to the ground, panic sets in.

The ground begins thrusting back and forth so violently, I can hear the floor boards cracking, and snapping, breaking.  Slowly, but surely breaking my room in half.

Violently, a crack is torn through the top of my doorway, forcing my to run back towards the innards of my collapsing room.


As I prepare for the worst.  All falls silent.  Everything, silent.  The rumbling ceased.  And the movements halted.

Stupidly of myself, I stand and look around my room.  A crack embedded through the floor of my room, as well as the doorway, which is now broken in half and split in two.

But then, to my surprise.  The final and giant jolt of the after shock trusts the entire house forward and backwards twice and everything falls to the ground, and my floorboards finally give in.

With my room no more.  What was my floor, now collapsed to the cement garage below.  Dust clouded everywhere.  Only until all clears, does the real pain set in.

I look around, my body entirely numb.  I look down, and see my body being crushed and pinned against broken glass and wood pieces by the book case I placed by my bed.  The pain too much, I can barely feel myself bleeding.  I know by the amount of numbness throughout my body that half the bones in my body are either broken are completely crushed.

As dust begin filling my lungs entirely... I cough and cough, then finally as my lungs begin to burn then die.  I fade from all reality.  Being sucked from life, and into oblivion.


It is then I wake from the nightmare in an absolute cold sweat, and my back feeling as though I've been stabbed.  I look around, and sigh.

© 2012 Noah A


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

Noah A
Noah A

San Diego, CA



About
My name is Noah. ~I love my sisters and brothers dearly. ~I suffer from chronic depression, and find a release in writing. more..

Writing