I'm not speaking to the Moon

I'm not speaking to the Moon

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer

I have no greeting for the Moon.
He left me in my darkest mood.
Clutching at the blackest night.
With no compassion for my fright.
“It was the clouds,” I heard him say.
But wrath I give him all the same.
The smallest stars wept and cried,
And the gentle breeze matched my stride.
So, I leave with injured pride.
Floating off with high tide.
Never more to seek his face, as I leave from this place.

© 2022 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Cherrie,
I find this poem of yours quite different then ay others I have read of yours so far...
Seems more light hearted... fun... if that is he correct word...or playful might be a better word...
Using the moon to set the mood of your poem was very cleaver...
And, I so love the line "The smallest stars wept and cried, "
Lisa, 10pm here in Spain

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

Thank you Lisa. I guess it's been awhile since I was alittle silly with nature. :)
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

You are most welcome!
Lisa, trying to stay cool
Cherrie,
I really enjoyed this poem! It pokes fun at the influence the moon and the night can have on us, and our relationships to them, but with — I think — a serious undercurrent. Very nice!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

I'm delighted it read that way. I really appreciate you reading it. 😊
That'll teach that dirty old moon! heavenly bodies can and will be so very inconsiderate at times... it's almost as if they pay us no attention at all! LOL this one made me smile I love the flow of the lines:)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

😀 I know rotten old Moon. If I ever need his help he's off with the Wind.
It's wonderfu.. read more
Robert Trakofler

1 Year Ago

it is always a treat to read you Mon Cherrie


If ya ever want to get your own back on that bright spark, I know a good hit-moon :)
.. what a sad little number you have poemed & placed here Cherrie P ........ Neville

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

🙃 just having a little poetic fun.
The night can be terrifying Cherrie as I have recently discovered - Moon or no Moon. Excellent work again.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

I've always liked the night. Either on the water or on the patio.
I worked midnight's fro.. read more
red93

1 Year Ago

I'll remember to treat you with the utmost respect Ma'am :)
Being born under the sign of the crab, ( which by the way I absolutely love crabs! ) my astrological sign says I am a moon child, or a moon maiden. I've always felt the moon to be a voyeur, always there, always in my night sky, shining down like rain. I am so sorry to hear you are no longer speaking, Cherrie. I will have a talk with him later this evening, to see if I can shine a little beam your way!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

Lol I thank you.
🌙
well done Cherrie, I love poetry about the moon, one of my favorite topics to write about, so much poetry comes from that big ball of dust. It is our nite lite, our confidant, our eye in the sky without judgment and it gets a slap in the face sometimes. Kudos for the slap, no worry, he can take it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

I had fun making this one:) like you I'm a fan of the Moon and Heavens.
This is poetry dear Cherrie. Poor moon always blamed for the sky and the sun is the bad guy. I liked the tale written and the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

I did have fun mixing the moon with emotion and relationship
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You did well dear Cherrie.
A couple of weeks ago I sat on my outside porch and looked up. The moon was full and the clouds around it were aglow with white light. I even saw a few stars. But of course, the gentle winds blew the clouds in front of him and he disappeared. I imagine you had a similar sight. I'll bet writers are more fond of the moon. :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

I think so too. The Moon 🌙 is an endless topic for a writer and or a dreamer.
What did the the moon say to you that caused this misery for you? At times the moon may have moods as well….it seems like the light that shines from it was lost and disappointed you….think perhaps the moon was obscured by the clouds….and that’s what caused this disturbance…but there is always the that moonlight will return.
Lovely write, strong words, metaphor
Best
Betty

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

I had fun writing this. Thank you for reading this one and enjoying it.
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

You’re very welcome!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2022
Last Updated on June 16, 2022

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Springfield , MO



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. After a lifetime of country living, I'm making a move back to town. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..