Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Never Again

Never Again

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer
"

no tricks tomorrow night, only do good

"

Halloween and most people are out, a perfect time for larceny to be about. With evil harts they take to travel and begin collecting their Halloween lute. Little goblins march up and down each street making a bee-line to porches lit-well. While others draw to doors laid dark. A corner house three stories tall, it needs a coat of paint but did you see the price tag of the car in the driveway?

We’ll start here no lights in the house. Easy pick’ns, he tries the door, then checks his bag for he is well trained in this task. He selects a #2 from his pouch. Thomas his partner nods. The lock is picked, entry is made. The two each choose a path.

Dressed in black they blend away for now they have bags to pack. All Fools-eve he thinks to himself, with true treats to find. With more than half the homes empty there’s a kill’n to be made. Some silver here and a pewter vase, not bad for a mad dash but as they meet back to the starting point a small room under the stairs they spy. The door is opened eagerly they both willingly comply. A Duracell reveals cold hard cash, with a closer look they find treasury bonds “Holy Hell” Thomas shouts, but before they can fill their bags mist filters forth and a hunger is revealed there is no time for remorse and with a scream their Halloween mischief is no more.

 

© 2011 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brings live halloween scene, wonderful write....

Posted 12 Years Ago


a most revealing and atiquated piece, you lay with the truth and coome up whole, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it is in most fairness that you can become the trick and the treat. thanks for sharing this Ms. Cherrie.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes I love this one. It gives a little more detail and yo make very clear. You are truly imaginative! Wonderful story !!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What an intriguing, stirring write. On a night meant for treats, there is a stunning darkness that swifts over those seeking to trick their neighbors. May all take warning!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful story! Very creative and just right for Halloween

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very creative Halloween tale!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
oooooooooooooooooh my cherrie, are you trying to scare me. lol
What a neat little story. POOF!!!!
Halloween seems to sometimes bring out the worst in some gobblins. I can imagine all the trickery that goes on on Halloween night.
Enjoyed the read
Have a good week

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Springfield , MO



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. After a lifetime of country living, I'm making a move back to town. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: .. more..

Writing
Will Will

A Story by Cherrie Palmer



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Recipes Recipes

A Poem by Dayran