The Barkers

The Barkers

A Story by ChibiKong

I sat in front of my father’s burning remains, as I threw the three envelopes from earlier this week. Four day ago I got a phone call from my mother. My father was on his last days, and soon to pass. I come from an important family. We have two business know world wide. I always   looked up to my father for he came from humble birth.

My father gave me three letters before his passing, and told me to read one a day after his death. My mother questioned me greatly on this matter. She wanted to know what was on the pages more than I did. I opened the first letter be for my slumber. He addressed it to me by son. I read the lines in shock. My father had embezzled most of his forchin. I couldn't believe it. What kind of man was my father rely?

The second day, I had gone on a long walk to a vineyard  to open my next letter. He addressed it the same way. I was hoping for something that would console me, for the previous letter. My hopes were not met. The next letter told of an “accidental murder” of an old business partner, that was going to rat him out for the embezzlement. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to shame my father. I left it be, but the knowledge still festered in the back of my mind.

The day of the funeral I opened the last letter. it read

“Dear Son,

I know this letter have brought you sorrow and pain, but I don't want my memoir to be a lie. I want you to know the kind of person I really am. You once had a sister she was 15 when she died. You were only just conceived. I did something terrible to her and her death was my fault. I raped your sister. Not just once but many a time. Then one day I found her in the tube with her wrist cut open. I'm sorry  for not being the man you thought i was.”

I was so mad all i wanted to do was scream! He didn't even bother to give me her name. I wanted to kill him, but that was done for me. The time of the funeral came. I sat there gazing at the flames of the camp fire, and threw the three letters into the fire letting all the dark secrets turned to black ash.

The End

© 2014 ChibiKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very dark, very tragic. wonderful how it raises many questions to the reader and aligns the reader with the sons frustration.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ChibiKong

9 Years Ago

thank u ^w^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Added on June 14, 2014
Last Updated on June 14, 2014

Author

ChibiKong
ChibiKong

Alliance, OH



About
I like to write, but im a bad speller so pleas forgive me if i miss spell things :'( more..

Writing