The Shy Guy

The Shy Guy

A Story by Kim

THE SHY GUY

 

 

You know who you are, but you’re probably to shy to admit it. I know, it’s not easy being the quite type, but there is hope to helping you open up. It only takes a little practice, a bit of self-determination, and a heaping spoonful of guts. Being shy is nothing more than a state of mind, and once that state of mind is changed you will elevate yourself to a new level of openness. Throw away the shell you have been hiding in and take part in my five-step process to landing a woman if you’re shy.

 

 

Step 1:  Pretend you are Sick

            So you’re not a big talker, neither is a man who has strep throat! Simply allude to the fact that you feel under the weather and that is why you are not saying much. This will help you in two ways. First your suitor will feel sorry for you and secondly she will do all the talking. A great way to break the ice and get to know her without feeling pressured to be assertive. But, be warned, this tactic only works once. If you show up on date number two with the flu your date will no longer feel sorry for you, she will simply think you are a hypochondriac.

 

Step 2:  Play Dead

            Not literally! Look, if you’re just to shy to open your mouth then act as though you are just not interested. Most women will take this as a challenge and try even harder to get you to like them. Again, a great way to learn about her without jeopardizing your shyness.

 

Step 3:  Go to the Movies

            A great first date for those who are shy is the movie house. Let’s face it; you don’t want to talk while watching a show so your date will not think anything of it if your lips remain closed. Also there is the benefit of being close to her in the dark. A sure-fire way for a shy guy to build up momentum for date number two.

 

Step 4: Date a Shy Girl

            This is so primitive yet very effective. Dating a woman who is shyer than you will only make you shine. If she can’t talk she most certainly will not notice that you’re not talking. It’s a great way to build up your confidence. You will feel no pressure and because of this you might even find yourself coming out of your shell. The only down side, two shy people on a date can sometimes be boring. But, give the girl a chance, after all that is what you are asking women to do for you. Never forget that under a carpet of shy lays a great guy, so under her carpet of shy may lay a great girl.

 

Step 5: Have a Story to Tell

            This works like a charm. Everyone loves a funny story and if narrated well it can bring down a room full of people. Pick one that you know you can tell with passion and make sure it’s funny enough to stand the test of times. I use this method all the time. In fact anyone who knows me has heard my story at least a dozen times. It’s a real crowd pleaser, Deep Fried Smelt! So find a story that works for you, stick with it and make sure you can make your date laugh. If you can’t think of anything, feel free to email me and I will gladly share my “smelt” story so you can use it on your next date. Believe me, this is one story that has never failed me.

© 2010 Kim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010

Author

Kim
Kim

About
I'm CEO of Swagger & Saddle Entertainment and I run several radio shows. One called Author Spotlight. I am also one of the founders of The American Writers Awards. www.swaggerandsaddle.com more..

Writing
Sexy Foods Sexy Foods

A Story by Kim


The Navy The Navy

A Story by Kim


Lost Love Lost Love

A Story by Kim