The visit

The visit

A Chapter by Micheal Stone
"

Eve finds out her fate with her disease....

"

Chapter 2

Eve awoke the next morning and yawned as she shuffled through her closet. She pulled on her favorite mickey mouse shirt and a pair of black shorts. Her blond hair was fell over her shoulders as she walked downstairs. Her father sat at the kitchen table eating his eggs and bacon while Eve watched him she smiled.

" Dad, I'm ready for the doctors appointment." Eve sat casually next to him. He nodded lazily and kissed her forehead lightly,

"Well then lets get going..." He pulled out his car keys from his pocket and they walked to the car quickly so Eve wouldn't feel the heat against her skin. The car had its windows tainted really dark so no sun would go through and hurt her. Once they arrived at the doctor she wore her UV protected coat that ran down to her ankles so no part of her was exposed. The lights of the doctor's office were dim and exposed no Uv so Eve removed the hot coat and sighed sitting down next to her father.

" Love you, hon" Her father squeezed her hand, Eve's mom had been to busy with work to even acknowledge her at all. The nurse came to the door, " Eve Magnolia" Eve stood and followed the nurse with her father hanging out in the waiting room. She walked in and the doctor did his usual inspections including adding a little UV light on her skin which hurt worse than any shot she had ever taken.

" First I need to speak to you then I will have a talk with your father." She nodded and he began speaking and the only thing that Eve heard that shocked her was exactly what she had been dreading all her life, " You only have a few more months to live... i'm sorry Eve but your immune system is getting weaker and..." Eve's brain stopped on those last words, only a few more months to live; only a few more monthes to live...why? Why me?

Eve's mind replayed these questions and the doctor looked at her when she didn't respond.

" I don't want to die...doctor why? Why me?" Tears flooded from her eyes.

"Why" Her breath came out in a sob and she let it go. Tears and tears, the doctor went to speak to her father while a nurse tried to comfort her.

" It will be alright sweetie...shh it will be okay" Her arms caressed Eve but all she did was cry. When her father came in he had tears on his face as well.

" My baby..." he hugged Eve tightly and that's when Eve realized that this was real and her disease was real.

" You can attend regular school if you'd like" Eve sat quietly in the back of the car tucked into the coat, crying silently.

" Sure I guess" Her voice was muffled and confusing but her father understood her. "Eve" Eve had sat in room the whole day alone and quiet. She refused to eat even though her father bugged her often she just continued to stay in her room.

"I'm going over to the school to enroll you, um...I guess I'll see you later." Finally her father had left her alone and she looked down at the white piece of paper that she had been writting on the whole time.

Dear father, mother:

Life is short but when your me life is sacred... as sacred as any cancer patients lives. When my life ends, my spirit will die... I guess I am afraid of whats to come of me. If life is lived well I believe that afterlife will go well to... Father I wish I could live longer so I could fall in love and have children... but I know I never will be able to now that my life is to end. I would like to thank you father the most for always helping me to soar through the cludy days and Mother for at least worrying about me when I was little... When I die I hope I will never leave you minds...I hope to cherish high in the sky and watch over you like an Angel! I love you both so much and I am very sorry for have being born this way, with this disease...Alone, My heart beat aches every minute when the time runs out like a sand glass I know that my time will be up...

Love you forever and ever; your daughter,

Eve

Eve placed the letter in her favorite envelope that she had written all of her wishes upon and on the front she wrote: To mother and Father please read this...Eve placed the envelope in the box that had her magazines under her bed. She opened the Seventeen magazine and place it in the center of the magazine. She heard her father return and quickly pushed the box back under her bed.

"Eve, are you okay sweetie? may I please come in?" Eve's mother had pestered her ever since she came home. Even though Eve had laid on her bed looking up at the ceiling she had blocked out the sound of her parents begging her to come out. Eve soon fell into a deep sleep. Her father had somehow unlocked the door and sighed when he saw her asleep. Her stomach went up and down as she breathed. He kissed her forehead and tucked her gently under the covers. Eve dreamed that she had fallen dead and no one cared and all she could do was cry out but no one would listen to her. When she awoke she had beads of sweat dripping from her forehead. She sighed and went to shower. When she finished she went out of her room and walked downstairs. Her parents had went out for dinner earlier and she found it to be a good chance to go for an nighttime drive.

She picked up her car keys and went into the garage where her Mercedes was. It was black and shiny since she had barely ever driven it. She started it and put in her favorite CD: Bruno Mars. Grenade blasted through the car until she lowered the volume to where it slightly did. She pressed the clicker that opened the garage and drove out. She closed the garage behind her and dorve out into the street. The street lights illuminated her as she passed by. She drove out onto the freeway and went to the starbucks in the next town over. Eve sat alone sipping from her favorite coffee: Peppermint mocha.

The door opened and Daniel walked in followed by another boy and one girl with blond hair who stuck out because she was beautiful. She held Daniel's right hand and Eve knew instantly that this girl was Daniel's girlfriend. Eve tried to duck behind the magazine that she was reading but Daniel had already spotted her. "Hey, Eve" Daniel sat next to her followed by the boy and the girl. "This is my girlfriend, Claire and my brother Josh" Eve smiled at them and spoke, "I'm Eve" She said shyly looking down at her sweaty hands. "Nice to meet you, I heard your just like me." Josh took my hand in his and patted it then smiled at Eve who couldn't help but smile back. "Nice to meet you to" Claire reached out and Eve shook her hand. "Hey Eve..heard you were applying to our school" Eve nodded and Daniel smiled,

"Cool" HHis eyes met hers as if in a trance and they couldn't tear apart.

"So..." Josh looked up at me and smiled again, "Finally someone who understands my disease." Eve sighed, "Yeah, I know the feeling" She continued to sip from her cup, "What did you get?" Daniel had his elbow on the table and his hand held up his head. "Peppermint Mocha"; "Really, I've never had that one...give me a sip" Daniel took the cup from Eve's hands and took a sip from the same spot her lips had been. Eve could feel her hands warming up. He handed it back, "It's good, I think I'll have the same" Daniel stood and went to the counter and came back with the same coffee for Josh and Claire as well.

"This actually taste amazing..." Claire sipped happily from the styrofoam cup.

"I've really got to go" Eve says glancing at the horizon, the light yellow of the sun is slowly coming. Daniel tried to persuade Eve to stay a bit longer but when his brother began getting a little frantic Daniel realized exactly what was happening.

"Oh…" Daniel let Eve run through the front doors. Daniel stood and grabbed his brother and Claire,

"Let's go!" Daniel pulled Eve's hand and dragged her out to her car,

"we'll go with you, we kind of don't have a ride." Eve nodded and they hopped into her Mercedes and she sped down the highway all the way to her house, her parents were outside worried frantically about her.

"Eve…sweetie" Eve's father quickly pulled her and her friends inside. Eve let her breath go when she was safely inside of her home,

"That was close…" Josh breathed; Eve ran into the kitchen and quickly took her pill. The one she only took when she was even momentarily exposed to sunlight, "Eve, are you alright? Do you need anything?" Eve looked up at her mother,

"No" She quickly diverted and jumped back to Daniel, Josh, and Claire.

"You okay?" She asked Josh inspecting his hands and bared arms.

"Yeah, my skin isn't easily burned but it burns ten minutes during contact." Josh said matter-o-factly.

"Mine burns as soon as it is exposed to sunlight…" Eve spoke remembering the diagnosis from her doctor. Eve introduced them to Victor,

"Here Victor" A large black lab came from the backyard and into the living room where they all relaxed, He shook his large tail. Victor looked like he was going to fall apart at any minute from his vibrant shaking.



© 2011 Micheal Stone


Author's Note

Micheal Stone
Same as before...
I'll update more as soon as I can.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

Micheal Stone
Micheal Stone

Delray Beach, FL



About
I enjoy writing stories, I hope u guys enjoy! My favorite artist is Avril Lavigne and Cali swag. My favorite songs are Teach me how to dougie rmx, bottoms up, and smile. I hate Lady gaga I love Di.. more..

Writing
New School New School

A Chapter by Micheal Stone


New Fate New Fate

A Chapter by Micheal Stone