Chapter 2 - Warm Feelings

Chapter 2 - Warm Feelings

A Chapter by Chris
"

The story continues...

"

Chapter 2: Warm feelings


The flash of the white paper ball whizzing by his frozen vision was enough to jolt him out of his thought process. Kat whispered an overly exaggerated “Pssssssstttt”.


Derek looked over to see her pointing to Chad Cassidy, who was sitting right in front of her, and making hand squeezing gesture towards the seat of his chair while making a face that one would hope isn’t anything she makes during any stage of sex.


But he had to agree with her: Chad was definitely one of the hottest guys at Phillips High.


Those broad shoulders, straight black mussed hair usually hidden by his signature John Deere cap, and insanely crystal clear blue eyes. But what made Chad the most attractive was that even though he was so hot you’d sell your own mother for just one night with him; he was humble.


He was always so nice to everyone. It was almost as if he didn’t know how hot he was.


No douchebag tendencies, no rich jock overtones, and most importantly his ego wasn’t the size of Texas like most of the guys around here.


Kat’s been in love with him ever since the 8th grade Bear Creek Church of Christ Winter Formal where nobody asked her to dance except for Chad. He’d always been good looking but Kat, on the other hand, not so much.


But that wasn’t the case anymore. Kat probably has a better body than any little cheerleader you might have seen around here. Tight and tan is her life philosophy and Derek has often told her she looks like she could pass for Megan Fox’s sister.


The bell rang and Derek let out a sigh of relief knowing this was his last period.


Mr. Howlett quickly maneuvered toward the front to hand out the homework before anyone had a chance to make a dash for the door.


“Shouldn’t take you very long at all.” He stated as he handed out the stapled sheets of paper and accepted the dirty looks.


“You always say that same crap Howlett.” Kat hissed as she snatched the paper and exited the room.


Derek shot him a very apologetic look, took a paper, and kept moving.


In the hallway, Kat swam the sea of people with ease to get to her locker where she tossed her backpack inside and slammed it shut.


“Say, you wouldn’t need any company babysitting little Petunia would you?”


Derek cracked a smile “You mean Rose?”


“Petunia, Rose, Lily whatever; are you gonna invite me over or what?”


“Of course Kat. But only because I know you have nothing else to do without me but twiddle your thumps.”


Kat winced, “I’ll take it. There’s nothing else to do here in Hick Town USA” she said, her voice gaining volume.


Derek pushed the front doors open. The sunshine kissed his face and he could see the buses lined up in front of the school as they descended the stairs.


“You mean to tell me there’s nothing to do here in good ole’ Bear Creek Alabama? Why I’m absolutely flabbergasted Katherine.” Derek said sarcastically.


Kat laughed as she used her hand as a sun visor.


“Oh hey looks like you got a gift.” She elbowed him.


Derek looked up in the distance at the guy leaning on the hood of his car. Tall and slender with medium length brunette windswept hair that gave way to calm and warm dark brown eyes with a few spots of freckles that bridged his nose. He wore a plain fitted white t-shirt and slightly ripped blue jeans with all black Converses.


A smile slowly crept across Derek’s face as he walked over to his car.


“Y’know Adam, if I didn’t know any better I’d think you were stalking me.” Derek said.


“Yea?” he said stepping closer to Derek, “and what exactly are you gonna do about it?”


“Well” Derek said also stepping closer, “I would report you to the local authorities but luckily for you I don’t mind cute stalkers.”


With only about an inch of separation between the two, Derek gazed lovingly into Adam’s eyes as their lips parted and folded into each other.


Adam threw his arm around Derek to pull him closer into the passion as if fearing he might somehow lose him. Derek’s body weakened and he struggled to keep himself up. His mind racing and palms sweating and it wasn’t until Kat cleared her throat did Adam release him and Derek slid his thumb across his bottom lip and turn around.


“Hi Kat.” Adam waved.


“Hello Mr. Norrly. Thank you for coming up for some air.” Kat teased playfully.


“Heh no problem. I would’ve suffocated otherwise. And may I say you’re looking especially beautiful today. The b***s are looking  magnificent per usual.”


Derek gave Adam a little push and walked around to the driver’s side door.


“Aw thank you Adam.” She grinned looking down at her chest, “fingers crossed I won’t need that b**b job come senior year.” She said giving her b***s a little pushup.


“Kat, get in the car!” Derek called out.


Kat opened the passenger door and plopped down in the seat.


Derek backed up as Adam walked around to meet him at the driver’s side. He stooped down to the window and gave Derek a quick peck on the lips.


“You wanna go hangout after you drop Kat off?” Adams eyes glimmered with a bronze tint as he spoke.


“I’d love to but I gotta get home and watch Rose. She’s uh, sick.”


“Tragic. Well just text me I guess.” Adam said looking slightly disappointed.


“Will do. See ya tomorrow.”


Adam backed up and Derek threw the car in drive and drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Derek pulled into his driveway, parked the car, and he and Kat hopped out.


He opened the front door and walked in to find the kitchen and living room the exact why he’d left it. Had she even left her room the whole day?


“Rose! I’m home!” he called out.


Rose popped her head out from her room and started walking down the stairs.


“Finally! There’s nothing in the kitchen I wanted to eat and I " ” she stopped as her vision broke to Kat. “What’s she doing here?” she snorted.


Kat bent over, “Rosie, it’s so nice to see you too. Look how much you’ve grown since I last saw you.” She said in a squeaky baby voice.


Rose’s face flushed, “Don’t call me Rosie. I’m 12 not 5. And you saw me just last week.” She said side stepping Kat, “anyway, Derek I need you to go get me something to eat.”


“Rose if you’re hungry then eat what’s here. Besides, mom is bringing pizza home tonight.” Derek said walking past her to put his keys on the hook beside the door.


“But that’s not until 6!” she whined.


“And it’s only 4:30. You’ll live.”


Derek started up the stairs while Kat headed for the living room where she dropped on the couch and grabbed the remote.


Rose let out a frustrated groan and stomped up the stairs until she made it to her room where she could slap the door in dramatic anger.


Derek spent a few minutes upstairs before coming back down to sit next to Kat, who was flipping through channels. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes tightly enjoying the stark darkness that enclosed.


“Your sister’s a brat.” Kat stated.


“She can be sometimes. I don’t even know where she gets that from.” He said with his eyes still closed.


“Aren’t you gonna text your husband? Kat said throwing her legs over the arm of the sofa and swinging her body to rest her head at Derek’s lap.


Derek’s eyes popped open and he grabbed his phone.


Before he could even type the message, Kat’s phone loudly vibrated against the surface of the oak coffee table. She sat up, scooped it in her hand, and swiped her middle finger across the screen.


“Hello?” she answered.


Her eyes widened as a look of pure shock and anger creased her face.


“That b***h!” she screamed, “oh she’s well aware of how I feel about him and that fish faced s**t still tried!...well I’ll deal with that little roach tomorrow. Thanks for telling me.”


She hung up and crossed her arms and with a look of disgust she turned toward Derek who had a look of utter confusion stretched across his face.


“That pom-pom b***h Jessica Raimy asked Chad out” she seethed, “and she knows how I feel about him. Luckily he turned her down.”


“Well maybe this is a sign that you need to get your tight little a*s in gear and tell him how you feel.” Derek replied.


“Maybe you’re right. I’ve been holding this in for far too long.”


“Damn right!” Derek encouraged.


Kat grabbed her backpack and headed for the front door.


“Where are you going?” Derek asked sitting up.


“Home. If I’m gonna do this, then I gotta look my hottest right? Catch you later.” She smiled devilishly as she opened and went out the door. Derek looked down at his phone and typed out his message:

You won’t believe what just happened!



© 2013 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Tell me what you guys think about chapter 2! ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 22, 2013
Tags: Romance, Gay & Lesbian, Fiction, Supernatural & Occult


Author

Chris
Chris

Little Rock, AR



About
My name is Chris, I'm 20, and I live in Arkansas. I just like to dabble in writing here and there. I mostly write poetry or what I'd call poetry lol it's mostly just writings of whatever I feel at the.. more..

Writing
In The Shadow In The Shadow

A Book by Chris