Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Chris Harris
"

Prologue introducing the main character

"












The Armont family is one of the most prominent and wealthy families in all of Britain, albeit one of the most humble. In the mid 1800's a modest Nathaniel Armont made an early investment in what is now one of Britain's largest and most well known banks. Surprised by their sudden wealth and anxious not to lose it, the following generations of Armonts have taken their gained funds and diversified them into the risk-averse banking, insurance and investment sectors across the world. In doing so they have seen their interests rise and soar. Today the Armont family controls a vast financial empire. Dull as the banking and finance sector may be, it has brought the family to billionaire status and one of the most prominent, albeit modest and unassuming families in Britain.



The crown jewel of the family however is the young Camden Armont. At 16 years old he is slightly tall for his age, with neat brown hair, blue eyes and goes to school at Westminster High. For the most part he looks like an average teenage boy but as it turns out he is anything but average. In his short 16 years Camden has set the academic world ablaze. Just recently he published a paper expanding on the Higgs-Boson theory which he stated as being 'Incomplete, although I am happy to help where Professor Higgs and Boson left off.' A chess star, he rose to the top ranking his first year at Westminster High School and shortly after won his position as a grandmaster. Since then he has published numerous psychology papers, patented a handful of inventions and furthered many existing theories on the universe and our solar system. A recent interview tells us that he is currently developing a structure to bring 'Reliable and renewable energy with a predictable consistency despite the weather'. Should he succeed it would mean great leaps forward for green energy. He declines to give his IQ, but sources suggest it is one of the highest tested. Whatever it is that makes this young man tick, we can't wait to see what he does next.



© 2014 Chris Harris


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on January 19, 2014
Last Updated on January 19, 2014
Tags: camden, armont, chris, rhys, harris, YA, Young adult


Author

Chris Harris
Chris Harris

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa



About
I am a writer, a young one at that. 22 years old with one book under my belt but taking on my biggest novel yet. Looking for inspiration, help and a community to run ideas and writing subject matter b.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chris Harris


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chris Harris


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chris Harris