Prologue(Read First!)

Prologue(Read First!)

A Chapter by Bailey B.
"

Read this before the random chapter so it will knida make more sense. Read, rate, review, and enjoy! :)

"

   The young girl ran to her grandfather, her long brown hair flying behind her. The grandfather smiled and lifted her up into the his arms, being careful not to wrinkle her purple nightgown. "Time for bed, my silly Milly. What story do you want to hear tonight?"

   "The story of Czar Nikolai and his wife Mirena. Please Grandpa Forsyth, it's my favorite!" Milly said excitedly as her grandfather carried her up to her room. The grandfather entered the room and put Milly down on the ground. Milly scrambled over to the bed and crawled under the covers. The grandfather walked over and tucked the cover in around her. He then pulled a chair over next to the bed.

   "Are you sure you want to hear that one though? I've told it to you so many times that you could probably tell it to me." The grandfather said, acting a bit tired.

   "But you tell it the best Grandpa." Milly said, her eyes sparkling. The grandfather smiled, knowing she was trying to use her cute charm to get him to tell the story. But there was no need for her to, since he loved telling her the story.

   "Ok then Milly." The grandfather said. Milly smiled brightly and then settled down to listen as her grandfather began the story:

   "Long ago, in the land of Russia, there was the kingdom of Czar Nikolai. He was a kind and strong ruler and his wife, Mirena, was the same. And for ten years after their marriage, Nikolai and Mirena ruled wisely. But during those years not all was peaceful. One thing troubled the kingdom more than anything else: dragons. They would fly around the kingdom, stealing livestock and burning crops or houses. The dragons had been in the land ever since Nikolai's father had ruled and he had done nothing about them. But Nikolai knew something had to happen to bring peace between his subjects and the dragons. Or else he feared war.

   "So one day, while Nikolai was sitting in the throne room and thinking of what he could do, Mirena came up with an idea for him. She walked over to her husband and suggested that he should go meet personally with the dragon leaders. Mirena also said that she would accompany him. Nikolai agreed and within a few days they started on their way to the mountain range where the dragons roamed. It took them two weeks to reach their destination within the mountains: Mount Aelor. It was a dark, gray mountain and the highest in the range. But at the bottom of Mount Aelor was a dragon, who sat there and protected the mouth of a cave which was the entrance to the inside of the mountain. The dragon looked down sternly at the Czar and his wife and asked what business they had to come here. So Nikolai gently explained that they were here to talk peaceful terms with the dragon leaders. The guard dragon watched him as he spoke and determined that he was not lying, so he lifted his tail from the entrance and told them to proceed. Nikolai and Mirena dismounted from their horses, leaving them with the guards that had came with them from the kingdom, and walked inside.

   "The cave was actually a tunnel that led to the center of the mountain, which was completely hollow. Everywhere dragons were flying or resting in the many carved out caves that lined the walls. But in the middle of the mountain there were two giant rock formations that resembled chairs. And it was here that the dragon king and queen sat. Nikolai and Mirena walked up to them and everything was quiet since all the dragons had stopped what they were doing to watch the newcomers.

   "The Czar and his wife bowed down to the two dragons and explained why they were here. The queen dragon, who was silver in color and was known as Zara, looked to her mate Valorian. The king dragon nodded at Zara and then looked back to Nikolai and Mirena. Valorian was gold in color and motioned with one of his golden claws for both of the humans to come nearer. 'I see graciousness and virtue in both of you humans.' Valorian said, his voice echoing in the mountain. 'Zara and I respect your want of peace and your courage for coming here. So we will grant you what you desire as well as give you a gift.' The gold dragon smiled. 'Nikolai, come over to me. Mirena, you go to Zara.' Nikolai and Mirena did as they were told and waited. And it was then when fate was decided. Valorian touched Nikolai with his claw and Zara did the same to Mirena. A burst of light happened and both Nikolai and Mirena fell back. 'There is now a bond between us. One that will not be broken until death.' Zara said. And that was how the first dragon riders came to be."

   Milly sighed in content. She was tired, but she loved to hear the story. Her grandfather smiled and kissed her forehead. He got up and was about to leave the room when Milly stopped him.

   "Grandpa Forsyth, do you think I'll become a dragon rider one day, with my own dragon? Like you, mommy, and daddy?" Milly asked hopefully.

   "I'm sure you will. You just have to find your dragon." Her grandfather smiled and then left. Milly hugged her teddybear and drifted off to sleep, dreaming of riding a dragon.



© 2013 Bailey B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on March 25, 2013
Last Updated on March 27, 2013


Author

Bailey B.
Bailey B.

Smithfield, NC



About
First, my first name is Christian. But I like to be called by my middle name, Bailey. I'm a Free Will Baptist Christian country girl who loves reading, writing, dancing, and band. I also love Anime; m.. more..

Writing
Miya's Story Miya's Story

A Story by Bailey B.


The River The River

A Poem by Bailey B.