Acousticophobic.

Acousticophobic.

A Chapter by Chronophobia
"

Acousticophobia - The fear of noise.

"
"The noise. The noise, stop it! Stop the screaming!"

"Make it stop please!"

Curled up in the corner, a shaking body quivered in fear. The room was average room temperature, the heater on the west wall idly stood there turned off and the curtains drawn to let in even the smallest tint of light from the moon's surface; illuminating the young girl.

Her eyes were clenched shut, tears streaming down fair skin as her layered, platinum-blonde hair draped over her face in order to hide the emotion she could no longer mask. She was only eleven, yet the noise terrified her; The shouting downstairs, quarreling of her parents that pushed her over the edge, the taunts of the children, her own screams... Driving her ever so slowly off the edge, scaring her into a world where sound was nothing, but a dream.

Sound now scared her, as words were sounds and the words she heard were hateful, terrifying and like venom dripping through her skin and poisoning her blood, her mind.

"Mommy... Daddy... don't fight no more, please, and stop the nasty people from hurting me - you're meant to protect me. Why don't you stop the noise? Why don't you make the voices go away?"

Her thoughts echoed in her head, she soon began to lose herself to the noise and to fear.

The noise slowly pulled her under in a sea of despair as she grew older, drowning her but in a slow pace like the torture of a prisoner of war; She became mute, her voice ceasing to exist due to the fear of the noise produced when she poke. Her parents became isolated from her world, no longer reaching the sweet child they bore into the Earth.

Can nobody conquer her fear of noise? Of sound?

Can no-one save her?

Cowering forever in the darkness, not letting a word slip from her lips or a sound to once again enter her ears out of fear that the bleeding will never stop, and the noise will forever cause that bleeding, that continuous stabbing until she heard no more.

Lost forever in Acousticophobia; The fear of noise.


© 2012 Chronophobia


Author's Note

Chronophobia
I hope people enjoyed that - if you have any comment just let me know and I understand the thoughts are rather wordy but I tried my best...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on December 5, 2012


Author

Chronophobia
Chronophobia

Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Greetings, I am a being of many names but you'll know me as Chronophobia on this website. I am a complex person, but writing has always been a passion for me ever since I was young though I am not .. more..

Writing