Achluophobia.

Achluophobia.

A Chapter by Chronophobia
"

Achluophobia: A fear of darkness.

"
Illuminated by artificial light, his tears ceased and his smile returned.

A young male (about fifteen years of age), slept soundly that night without a single lingering nightmare or tendril of ink-black darkness grasping his mind.

"Ephah! Ephah, we have to go to the synagogue! Hurry up!" a voice called out to the young male - a woman dressed in a formal pencil skirt with tights, and a blouse with a faux fur coat to top off a 'business woman in winter' look. The chestnut brunette boy jumped from his bed only to find the room dark, his mother having turned the lights off the previous night without his consent, and the winter light been too dim to provide any support for the boy.

He screamed, his fingers tangled in his hair as if it was a web and is voice sounded like it was amplified by a megaphone of sorts. Tears streamed down his face (paler than the moon's surface) and his vocals never gave way until the artificial lights came to be again.

"Ephah, calm down!" his mother's voice sounded distant, even though Ephah could feel his arms wrap around him, a blanket of warmth in an embrace. The light illuminated the teary-eyed boy who's cries were reduced to sniffles.

"Mom... never turn the lights off..." he confined in her.

She just nodded, and closed her eyes as she soothed her son.

Ephah just stared into the dark streets, though it was day-time. Stared into the ebony black abyss. Lost in it.

Lost to his Achluophobia: The fear of darkness.


© 2012 Chronophobia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on December 5, 2012
Tags: phobia


Author

Chronophobia
Chronophobia

Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Greetings, I am a being of many names but you'll know me as Chronophobia on this website. I am a complex person, but writing has always been a passion for me ever since I was young though I am not .. more..

Writing