A Silent Love

A Silent Love

A Story by Chryiss
"

2013 FF Oneshot.

"

             Mahogany umber orbs as dark as her waist length hair, and shimmering just as much yet with a different kind of glow. A light that shone whenever silver passed her way, whether in rumination or in flesh. Those moonlit locks dipped into night, incasing ethereally that sculpted porcelain imbued with clandestine idiosyncrasies of which was his alone.

             What do I do to make you mine? She laments in the recesses of her mind whenever her eyes graze over that prepossessing man. What do I do to make you look at me? She sighs, her eyes suffused with the image of only him. Amidst these musings, her heart whispers, I love you.


~


             A flash, a flicker, a flare of luminescent dawn, awakening in deep sepia depths. A flutter, a flit, of beating eyelash, beholding that otherworldly color. He sees her lids quiver ajar, unveiling temporal eyes that saw, that knew everything. What do you think of me, if at all? He queries hushed.

             The girl glimpsed that ephemeral hue, knowing he was near. So near, yet so far. She murmurs in her reverie. He surmised a daydream, and so drew close to keep vigil over her billowing breaths, mismatched eyes seeking to find hers when she stirs.

             Luck may transpire another day as the blare that partitions the day peals its last, severing reckoned anticipation of a convergence linking silent hearts.


~


             She contemplates the succeeding morn, pondering if she’ll glimpse that silvern young man again. Maroon eyes peer into perpetual azure as she soon resolves to perch upon a rustic wooden bench. Almost ebony lashes shiver shut, and the girl descends into tranquil sleep.

             And fate manifests as an unassuming modification of a route home, as heterochromic orbs espies the slumbering girl. Drifting towards her in disbelieving wonder, he alights upon the seat, heedful of her sleeping figure. 

             Standstill seconds slip by before a wavering hand hovers above her dozing visage, to then settle for a light shift of straying strands. The girl’s lids somnolently open, and she encounters citrine and peridot orbs gazing into her earthy sienna eyes.

             She reaches out a gentle hand, glancing across his contours, silken bangs sweeping against her skin. All she ever wished for was a fleeting chance to peer into those depths and him to hers. Soundlessly they stare until his head inclined towards hers.

             I love you. He whispers.

© 2018 Chryiss


Author's Note

Chryiss
I am curious to your opinions on this; however, I am just uploading old work for a website link. As it's an FF, can you guess where the male character came from? ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on September 23, 2018
Last Updated on September 23, 2018

Author

Chryiss
Chryiss

CT



About
An artist. A dreamer. A writer. A storyteller. I am Chryiss. These stories are the culminations of my imagination. Will you share in my daydreams? My latest fantasy novel, My World To Live, is ava.. more..

Writing