(My World To Live) Prologue

(My World To Live) Prologue

A Chapter by Chryiss

I love rainy days. It’s like the world becomes still, and you can only hear the sound of the rain pattering, echoing on the surfaces it spills onto. All other sounds are thrums in a far off distance, and the sounds you make seem to be amplified. Thus you pause as if by some natural force of the world, enabling only your thoughts to wander. It is a moment of reflection, a contemplation of the world around you. Your thoughts are amplified, you hear only yourself, as if you’ve entered another world that’s somehow more serene, and clear… Then the rain departs as swiftly as it came, and you are back to reality with only the beaded tears on the windowpane and the extraordinary, sudden vividness of the greenery to remind you of the fleeting rain.

Can you escape from this mundane cycle?













dream  | drem |

noun

a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep

  • a state of mind in which someone is or seems to be unaware of their immediate surroundings
  • a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal
  • an unrealistic or self-deluding fantasy
  • a person or thing perceived as wonderful or perfect


wish  | wiSH |

noun

a desire or hope for something to happen

  • an expression of a desire or hope for something to happen, typically in the form of a request or instruction
  • an invocation or recitation of a hope or desire
  • an expression of a desire for someone's success or good fortune
  • a thing or event that is or has been desired; an object of desire




Dreams of the imagination are quite special. Even if the dream becomes reality, the reality never quite matches the imagination.




Between wishes and dreams coming true, which would you choose? Wishes of fame, fortune, love…


Dreams often encompass wishes. Together, wishes create the dream of a better reality, better future.


However, my dream does not hold any wishes, for this world could never grant them. Thus, I dream of another world.













Falling apart.

Coming together.

A violent ordeal.

A natural process.


From one world to another, you cease to exist, then begin to exist.

Is this rebirth? A restart?


No.


It’s simply the beginning of my living.



… I guess I should say that line about dreams coming true from some princess movie, but I won’t. …Because I never wished for this, I only wanted to live.



© 2018 Chryiss


Author's Note

Chryiss
So after thinking about it for some time, I decided to include the prologue and part of chapter one on WritersCafe rather than all entirely available on Wattpad and Tapas only.
I don't plan to upload more than this here, but I hope if you're interested you'll read on one of the two sites given. (It's all free online anyway lol.)
Also, this prologue is supposed to be split across four book pages for its intended effect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

148 Views
Added on December 15, 2018
Last Updated on December 15, 2018
Tags: rain, life, world


Author

Chryiss
Chryiss

CT



About
An artist. A dreamer. A writer. A storyteller. I am Chryiss. These stories are the culminations of my imagination. Will you share in my daydreams? My latest fantasy novel, My World To Live, is ava.. more..

Writing