Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Michael J Taylor

Prologue:

An excerpt from the 1166 paper as written by Dr. Matthias Pan:

        “I find it rather peculiar the way this universe hides secrets from those who hunt them. Invention has many mothers, foremost among them is mystery. We crave and fear what we don’t understand. So I move to unearth the mysteries wherever they hide. Even if my actions must take me down a dark road, sometimes evil can arise from the best intentions and sometimes good can come from acts of evil. How then can my actions be analyzed? Will I be remembered for the discovery or the destruction that was necessary for said discovery? Subject 1166 escaped the facility last night, I admittedly feel bad for the kid after all I did ruin his life. But how could I stop myself when he was the key to the most terrifying and powerful secret of all. I feel as though I am losing my sanity as I hastily record these words. This seems like something out of an overrated 21st century sci-fi movie. Will the outcome of what the boy must become bring peace or chaos to the universe? At this point, I can’t tell, however I have come too far to stop now, the key has served his purpose and he is no longer needed, I probably would’ve released him within the next day or two anyway. They will call me terrorist, monster, sadist, liar, deceiver, and villain. But I must understand this the greatest mystery. So I won’t stop and I won’t surrender.”



© 2017 Michael J Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on June 28, 2017
Last Updated on June 28, 2017