Should all else fail, this shall remain

Should all else fail, this shall remain

A Story by Gathering_Stars

Today exudes an imcomparably somber scent, the vile mediocrity mixes with the morning breeze; static, stationary in both character and conscience.  Will future generations find folly frequenting our formailzed practice of passivity?  Perhaps, perhaps not.  Chance chides not those that percieve opportunity but rather challenges passion to prove itself existant, endearing the damned to disillusionment.  Society's a fool living in fantasy; shall we surrender soul for simplicity?  I contend with the common disposition of people to carelessly cater to the cankerous convictions costing this generation its' dreams.  Success should not cost the perilous price of self-sacrifice.  tommorrow suffers from the willingness of the indifferent to substantiate apathetic existance, from the enablers of humanity's evolving erosion.  By carelessness, we condemn our children to comprehensive death.  We doom our descendants to drown in the derelict myres which we once deemed aspiration.  Ancients aspired to magnitudes of glory now unfathomable by our dwindling ambitions, what is destined to become of a people void of yearning to ascertain the potential to surpass mere actuality? Human spirit cannot survive on breath alone, sustenance derives from individual volition to abandon our intellectual predecessors and sentence our sucessors to shoulder the  burden of our historical barbarism.

Lay me not to slumber spinelessly for fear i will fail.  i stand new here, mindful of my being, vehemently vanguarded against vicious inaction.  New day dawns and with it I rise.

 

© 2009 Gathering_Stars


Author's Note

Gathering_Stars
Just read it for content. Don't try to put a context to it unless that context if life in general.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on October 27, 2008
Last Updated on February 12, 2009

Author

Gathering_Stars
Gathering_Stars

Shooting Star



About
I'm pretty sure that vampires, Harry Potter, and Albert Einstein live in a parallel universe. Actually I think that Albert Einstein somehow mis-haped himself into ours by some freak accident; althoug.. more..

Writing