Anger

Anger

A Story by Gathering_Stars
"

It's just a thought

"

 

What can words do for this anger to reconcile a soul those pride has been wounded beyond the deepest measure of offense?

I pray tell me so that such remedy may be applied most hastily to mine, ere one cause irreparable damage to both.

Dear gentlemen I urge under the most expeditious plea I may bring before you bring me that elixir, that panacea, that antidote to the curse placed upon this soul to cure this eternal fire of rage.
Ere should it engulf any happiness I may salvage from such troubling circumstances I would smother it entirely, hoping nevermore to be under its manipulative influence.

And yet for all that I would and may yet do to rid myself of this ill-fated evil, should my pride be worth the cost of my anger?

Anger it seems would be the most rudimentary and natural response to a threat against one's well-being, in particular mine, and perhaps the truest defense mechanism that an ego can offer.
What are we but for our anger?

We are hollow, as it would seem, but for the exception of those things which ignite our passions and launch us into less vegetative states of action. Anger is the food of the soul, we feed upon our hatred as starving wolves might upon a freshly fallen corpse. We look to it as a guide for our lives,

© 2009 Gathering_Stars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This sounds like a really deep thought from a really developed character. I can just imagine some kind of 19th century gentleman, wronged, of course, saying this to a group of his friends before he goes out and does some killing. As you said, it really is just a thought, but it definitely has potential, and you've written it well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Reviews

Thank you! I wrote this one night when my roommate was being extremely inconsiderate. My words seem to come from odd places, but I feel they're true.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This sounds like a really deep thought from a really developed character. I can just imagine some kind of 19th century gentleman, wronged, of course, saying this to a group of his friends before he goes out and does some killing. As you said, it really is just a thought, but it definitely has potential, and you've written it well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on February 12, 2009

Author

Gathering_Stars
Gathering_Stars

Shooting Star



About
I'm pretty sure that vampires, Harry Potter, and Albert Einstein live in a parallel universe. Actually I think that Albert Einstein somehow mis-haped himself into ours by some freak accident; althoug.. more..

Writing