Lies

Lies

A Poem by CindyLu

Words

That drip

Like acid

From my tongue

Lies

That fill      

     The holes                 

In my truth                              

 

 

Graceful dancer

On my lips

 

Do you really believe

The things I say?

© 2012 CindyLu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the design and how this poem described how a lie seemed like. I also liked the end how it was poesed in a question "Do you really believe the things I say?"

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice set-up of the poem. Led the reader to a interesting ending. Hard to believe a liar. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


This one is going in my Library as a favorite! I like the look of the poem, I like the words chosen, and the simplicity. It's simple~ yet not. Very well done :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice, and beautifully described.

Posted 11 Years Ago


a very nice dance drawn in a very nice way..that is what i see on my screen right now..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really love the way you formed the poem. It was a good write and I enjoyed reading it. Good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow! the lies! always was difficult foe me to describe, you've donea great job!
great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i like this one. describes lies perfectly. loving the last stanza! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Like this too ( I`ve read a lot of good poems today ), clever concrete poetry that has a high lyrical content - quality poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such is the way of the apathetic luster; unrequited love but a shared desire for lust. "Sweet nothing's," as modern-day people refer to, is quite a common topic, but I haven't seen it portrayed in the way you use it. Or maybe I have; but however overdisplayed it may be, I seldom see, as you put it, "a graceful dancer on my lips," and a hunger for lust associated together as you have done so.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012

Author

CindyLu
CindyLu

VA



About
Hey, I'm Cindy. I like to write, but I'm not that good. I write as a therapuetic and recreational sort of thing. I'm kinda familiar with this site and the people on here because my friend Li (Lina Gre.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RAPE RAPE

A Poem by Frieda P


~ I had a Dream ~ I had a Dream

A Poem by