V

V

A Chapter by Zarathustra

 

 

 

 

 

Axis I:
Deferred Diagnosis
Sexual Abuse of Childhood
r/o Physical Abuse of Childhood
r/o PTSD
r/o Depersonalization Disorder

 

AXIS II: Deferred
AXIS III: Deferred to OPMR
AXIS IV: Occupational
AXIS V GAF: 51-60

 

Impression:

Provider was trying to teach patient the breathing technique used in the first lesson of Prolonged Exposure therapy. Patient had trouble getting it right and had to be instructed several times. As provider observed patient, his breathing would go rigid, he would stop saying the ‘calm, relax’ phase, his eyes would open without seeing the room, then close and his breathing would become increasingly erratic. His breathing would be fast, then slow, then fast again. When provider spoke to patient, no response was recieved. Patient was clearly disassociating from the experience. He was able to report depersonalization sensation and his appearance altered. Patient was not able to complete the breathing technique in the first session.



© 2012 Zarathustra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A powerful story. Mental illness is hard to write about. Most of us ride on the edge of insanity anyway. Great description and story made this story a pleasure to read. A outstanding story so far.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was a brilliantly written piece of work. Massively intellectual and a enjoyable read. I found it all very interesting and the flow is perfect. Written like a true journal. I do hope there are further instalments of this :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012


Author

Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Sebring, FL



About
Name: Eric-Jamal Age: 20 "He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying." "Alas, there are so many things.. more..

Writing
I I

A Chapter by Zarathustra


II II

A Chapter by Zarathustra