Project Izzy Chapter 1

Project Izzy Chapter 1

A Chapter by LuvWriting
"

Basically you meet Izzy and her friends in this chapter.

"
 The girl glanced at her watch. She had only been awake for 30 minutes, but she had already finished her morning chores at the Inn. Now she was crossing the stream to get to the barn. It was just another morning at the Inn. It had been this way ever since after That Night just about 2 years ago. Now she took responsibility for the barn. Since there was no one else to do so. Neither her Grandfather nor her Brother were there anymore to be able to do the job they had both taught her to do. Now it was just her. Of course, she did have a little help from the stable hand guys, but to her, it felt like her job alone. Despite the fact that her grandfather and brother weren’t there anymore, she loved it.
She pulled the doors of the barn open and flipped the lights on. The first whinny to break the silence was that of Moondream, the girl’s Trakehner stallion and top jumping horse. His head popped out over his stall door and his ears pricked towards her.

“Hey big boy!” the girl cooed, stroking the horse’s forehead.

As if her voice was an alarm clock, the barn filled with welcoming neighs, whinnies, and snorts. The girl let out a light laugh and muttered, “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. You’re all very hungry. I’ll hurry.” She gave Moondream a final pat and walked down the aisle to the feed room where she started dolling out feed.

Halfway through the process the stable hand, George, Mark, Pat, and Martin, all showed up and helped her feed and then put the horses outside. Then, while the guys started doing stalls, the girl checked on her two mares that were getting ready to foal in the coming weeks and her Border Collie who was going to have puppies within the week. Once she made sure they were doing fine she called out a “Later” to the guys and hurried back up to the Inn. She was careful not to make any noise that would wake the sleeping guests and slipped into her mothers room.

  “Wake up,” The girl whispered. "Mom! Dad! It’s time to wake up!” The girl whispered in Spanish. She was fluent in many languages, Spanish being her best. There were many foreign guests who were drawn to Herald Inn and she was the one who knew how to talk to them.
        
The girl’s mother finally opened her eyes, looked at the red flashing 6:45, stuck her hand out to shake her husband awake and whispered “Thank you, Izzy.”

The girl, Izzy hurried out of the room and into her own. She slipped into the private bathroom and took a quick shower and pulled on a fresh pair of jeans, a white tank-top, and a grey sweatshirt. Then she hurried into the kitchen where her little sister was holding a cup of pills, a bottle of water, and a bagel. Izzy grabbed the bagel, the pills, and the water and hurried out the door. She retched the bottom of the driveway just as the bus pulled up.
 
“Is there ever a day when your late, girl?” The bus driver said as Izzy boarded the bus.

 “Well... Yes, you just have bad memory so you cant remember them is all Mrs. Holly.” Izzy said back with a slight smile.

  Izzy made her way to her usual seat and munched on her bagel. Once she finished her bagel, she gulped down all her pills and took out her laptop and worked on an essay she had yet to finish. She was the only one in the big bus except for Rachel, Mrs. Holly's only daughter, who was sleeping in the back so, it was nice and quiet without Mrs. Holly’s music blaring.

   They had about 3 minutes till they arrived at school and the bus was full of high schoolers who were either finishing up homework or chatting loudly with their friends. Suddenly, Izzy’s phone rang out. She rummaged around in her backpack and took it out. There was a new text message from one of her friends.

izzy. meet me, b, & c @ locker.
i hav amazing news!!!
-L <3

    Izzy sighed. Oh no. That only means one thing. Either theirs trouble in her family again or she has major gossip for us. And I’m betting on the second one. Seeing as she called it ‘amazing news!!!’

At school Izzy walked through the front door and headed towards Lilly’s locker. Huddled together in front of it were Lilly, Ben, and Carrie. When Ben looked up and saw Izzy he called out “Yo, Isabelle Anthea Herald! What’s up!”
 
“You call me by my full name again Benjamin Thomas Zignus,” Izzy called back smiling, “And you’ll end up in the nurses office real soon.” Izzy did not like to be called by her real name. She despised the name Isabelle. She felt Isabelle should be the name of someone who is proper and beautiful. Plus, it reminded her to much of that book with the fairy-like vampires in it these days.

I mean, just change the E at the end to an A and you have Isabella! Izzy thought furiously.
 
Ben smiled and put up his hands in a sign of surrender. “You win Izzy. You win.”
 
“Don’t I always?” She replied sweetly.
   
Carrie threw her arm around Ben’s shoulder and ruffled his already messy bed head. “You should know that by now, Benny Boy.” She said with a wicked grin.

Lilly cleared her throat.

  “Okay. Okay. Okay. What’s up Lilly?”

  Carrie and Izzy exchanged a glance and sighed in union. Lilly’s mother was a top reporter and always had the scoop on everything before anyone else did.

  “Well, You know that massive car crash that happened, like, a month ago in Richmond, VA?”

  “No.” all three of them replied.

  “It left the driver at fault dead and the other two people in the second car in critical condition.” Lilly went on, not caring that they had never heard about the crash. “And guess what! Those two people are mother and son. And the son is JASON MICHAELS!!!” Seeing the boredom on the three faces Lilly continued “You know, the actor/singer? The one who was in the movie 'Forever Yours?' And has the two hit albums?!” Her voice was full of excitement, but Carrie and Izzy just looked at each other.

  “The point of this Lil? At this rate we’re gonna be late for first period. And that’s my favorite class!!” Izzy whined. First period on Thursday was her favorite. AP German.

  “The point is that is was JASON MICHAELS!!! Don’t you care? He’s like... The most famous teen pop star in the country right now.” Lilly seemed exasperated. “Don't you understand?”

  Izzy was about to answer, but Ben cut in. “Lilly. It’s someone else’s life. You shouldn’t concern yourself with it.”

  Again Izzy was about to say something, but this time Carrie cut in. “Yeah, really Lilly. You KNOW how Izzy feels about famous people.” She looked up to smiled at Izzy, but she wasn’t there. “Izzy? Izzy!”

  “Sayonara, guys! Your gonna be late for class if you don’t hurry up.” Izzy called over her shoulder as she headed to her locker. Carrie groaned and hurried after her so she could get her books from her locker too. Ben waved bye to Lilly and headed to his locker too. Lilly stood there for a minute then walked to class in a huff.


© 2011 LuvWriting


Author's Note

LuvWriting
This is only the beginning. I have more, but I am not sure if I should put it up. That decision will be influenced by you guys.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

But I like the chapter, I think you did a very nice job. Just keep at it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think if you make your own decisions on who you want to be with. I am sure you'll be very influenced by the person. it depends on if the person is respectful and nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This chapter was great! I loved the entire thing! I couldn't spot one grammar or spelling mistake, which I usually am able to catch.

Keep posting, because it is really a wonderful story.

Elizabeth

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

LuvWriting
LuvWriting

Tampa, FL



About
I am Sophomore in High School who loves to write and create stories. I am a military brat so I have learned a lot of things by moving around. I love riding horses and I do crew(which I dont love very .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by LuvWriting