Project Izzy Chapter 4

Project Izzy Chapter 4

A Chapter by LuvWriting

Izzy rolled over in her bed. Her alarm clock shone a bright red 7:30 AM. She groaned and rolled over to her side pulling the blanket over her head.

  As if he knew his owner would not be waking up willingly, Ares stood and shook himself, shaking the bed violently.

“Ares, no! It’s to early for a Saturday.” Izzy complained out loud, but he wasn’t about to give up.
Ares stuck his nose under the covers and licked Izzy’s face.

“UGH! It’s cold and wet! Okay. Okay. You win boy.” Izzy pushed him away and threw back the covers. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stretched her arms over her head. She then proceeded to pad barefooted downstairs quietly, careful not to wake the guests who were still sleeping. Those who were awake she said good morning to.

 As she neared the kitchen she caught the scent of her favorite breakfast food and quickened her pace.

 “Yummy!” She the exclaimed when she was in the kitchen.

“And plenty for everyone and leftovers.” Her mother said as she cut up fruit for the crepes. “Oh, and don’t worry about the chores up here. Ana and I will take care of them. You go down and spend time with Shilo and the horses. How are the mares?”

“Thanks mom. Star and Dia are doing well. They still have a month before foaling. But their looking good and healthy. Now. Crepe me!” Izzy held out a plate and her mother put a crepe on it and Izzy loaded it with strawberries, bananas, and kiwi, put powder sugar on top and dribbled lemon juice on everything. She folded it and started eating it.

 Once she swallowed she turned to her mother and said, “So. What's the bad news this time?”

  When Izzy said this her mothers smile turned into a frown then back into a smile.

 “I don’t know what your talking about, honey. Why would you think there’s bad news?” She turned her back to Izzy and started bringing things out to the dinning room so the guests could start breakfast. Izzy followed her and stayed out there while eating her crepes.

 “Well, whenever there is bad news you try to butter me up so I don’t get mad over it. Of course, there’s always the possibility that there’s a big celebration, but that’s unlikely. ‘Cause if there was, then Ana Banana and Daddy would be up.” Here Izzy paused as her mother went back into the kitchen and came back out with another plate of fruit. “So, what's up?”

 Izzy’s mother sighed in defeat. “Well, your going to find out sometime.” Back into the kitchen to grab a plate of crepes, “As you know we have a new guest. What you don’t know is that he-” She was cut off by a voice coming from behind Izzy.

 “Mrs. Kate? Do you know where Phoenix might have set my laptop bag? I need to check my email and I can’t find it.”

 “OH! Yes. I do believe Seamus found it on the stairs and put it on the living room table. Izzy run and get it.”

 “Sure. Whatever.” She went to the living room and saw the bag on the table. She grabbed it and went back into the dinning room. Then she actually looked at the guy who’s bag it was and stopped. The boy had long blond hair that went to his ears. It was well combed and kept away from his eyes. He looked about 5 foot 9 inches, and was wearing a brace on his arm. He wore baggy pajama pants and a T-shirt.

 “Ah, you must be the new guest. Hello. I’m Izzy, Kate’s daughter.” She turned to her mom, “I don’t see why you would think I’d be mad at a new guest. Lets see...” She went back to talking to the boy. “You here for 5 days? That’s usually the average around this time of year.” Izzy started to enjoy this. Her mother was cringing at her words, so she kept on. “ Why would he set me off? I have nothing against a guest. As long as they respect my animals and friends. So. Kid. You got a name?” Izzy walked up to the boy. He was only a bit taller that herself so she was able to look at him in the eyes.

“Ummm...Well, Jay. My name’s Jay. And I’m not quite a guest. More like a resident. Your parents are my legal guardians for the time being.”

 This made Izzy stop. She backed up and stared at him cautiously. “Last name.” She demanded quietly. She looked at her mother, who had a worried and anxious face on, and knew the last name before he even uttered the first syllable.

  “Michaels.” Jays stated. “You know. The singer and actor.” His voice seemed to hint that she should be impressed by this statement.

  Izzy was quiet for a time and then turned to her mother.

“Now Izzy. I was going to tell you last night. But you ran off to be with Shilo. I know how you feel and everything, but his mother is a close friends of mine.” Izzy’s mother started towards her, her voice in a pleading tone, but stopped when Izzy’s face became unreadable.

 “Mother.” Izzy’s voice was almost silent. Jay had to strain to hear the words. She started in English, but soon flowed into fluent Italian. “How could you! To have one of them here! They are arrogant and they will and have ruined our lives! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NEVER!” the last word was in English. She gave Jay a hard stare and walked past him and out the door.

  On her way out Mrs. Kate called after her, “Wait! Izzy your clothes! Your still in your pajamas! “

“I have clothes down at the barn.” Was Izzy’s reply.

  Mrs. Kate tried again. “What about breakfast? You barely ate anything!”

  Again the rely came was harsh. “Have Banana bring some down for me. I’m done up here.” She let out a sharp loud whistle and a German Shepherd came bounding past Jay and followed Izzy out and then the door slammed.


© 2011 LuvWriting


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011


Author

LuvWriting
LuvWriting

Tampa, FL



About
I am Sophomore in High School who loves to write and create stories. I am a military brat so I have learned a lot of things by moving around. I love riding horses and I do crew(which I dont love very .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by LuvWriting