Various Creative Uses of Glove Boxes in Different Industries

Various Creative Uses of Glove Boxes in Different Industries

A Story by CleaTech LLC
"

For researching on radioactive materials, glove boxes were introduced in 1940s.

"

Original Source: https://www.klusster.com/portfolios/cleatech-llc-5085/contents/124159?code=49e9e50f-4f65-44b4-b99f-e980fe1a7054&share_content=true

Glove boxes provide a controlled environment, where you can keep pressure and temperature as per your requirement. Apart from being a controlled environment, they act as an environment that offers no contamination spreading. Hence, glove boxes are also used in medical research. For dealing with virus and bacteria, you need to use them for avoiding contamination. For producing vaccines and medicines, scientists and pharmaceutics use glove boxes. So, it has wide applications in various industrial matters. Today, they are used in various industries in many creative ways. In the following section, you will find some innovative ways how glove boxes are used.

Studying Meteorites

The US Government is conducting research on the Antarctic meteorites for various reasons. Different organizations conduct such researches for different purposes. For example, NASA conducts research on the Antarctic meteorites. At the same time, National Science Foundation conducts various studies on the Antarctic meteorites. For researching on the “stardust” on meteorites, glove boxes are used. In such research, there is a little margin for error. Hence, the meteorites have to be protected from contamination.

Space rocks contain various kinds of information about the universe. Studying them will help you to understand age, evolution, and composition of the solar system. They need to be kept in low humidity and low-particle environment. Hence, glove boxes are used. In case if the space rocks come in contact with other materials, result of the study will go wrong. Moreover, contamination of the particle can lead to erroneous data. Using the glove box will eliminate the risk of contamination of such valuable samples. Using the glove box systems will also help the samples to be preserved for a long time.

A glove box is filled with inert nitrogen for keeping the moisture away. At the same time, it keeps the atmosphere RH-free for the space rocks. According to NASA, more than 17000 meteorites samples are tested in glove boxes. From different parts of the world, scientists have studied these samples to draw various conclusions.

Lithium Battery Electrodes Packaging

Today, lithium batteries are used in many devices. From your smartphone device to different other kinds of gadgets, you will find the usage of lithium battery. In cars, lithium batteries are also used extensively. The big reason of using lithium battery is the durability. Such battery offers an exceptional durability to the users. However, it needs to be processed carefully for durable and faultless performances.

Don you know that lithium battery electrodes can explode in the presence of oxygen. Hence, packaging and manufacturing the lithium battery coating is a tough job. For performing the job with ease, glove box has been deployed. In glove box, you will have an oxygen-free environment. The atmosphere inside the box will have inert nitrogen gas, which does not take participation in any type of chemical reactions at different temperature and pressure levels. For packaging the lithium batteries, a humidity controlled environment has been created. Moreover, oxygen analyzer has been attached to the box for sensing the presence of oxygen.

Mail Handling

Various Creative Uses of Glove Boxes in Different Industries

Glove box systems are required for dealing with the mails. In 2014, the US Postal Service had played an important role in public safety and security. Using the glove boxes for dealing with the postal packages helped the postal department to protect people from potentially suspicious items. With the advent of the time, new diseases have started spreading around the world. In 2020, Covid-19 pandemic become a major issue. For keeping the mails and packages hygienic and virus-free, glove boxes have been used for handling them. It prevented contamination to a large extent. Such strategy of handling mails and packages is getting adopted by many countries. As a result, use of the glove boxes is rising among the postal and courier handling services.

Radio Frequency Sealing

Glove boxes are required for dealing with old artifacts, fossils, manuscripts, and many such things. It creates radio frequency sealing for the ancient materials. As a result, it becomes easier to determine the age of these materials. Nevertheless, such crucial things remain contamination free. As a result, they are protected or preserved for a long time. Moisture damage also happens to such elements. Using glove box will fetch protection from moisture damages too.

Author Bio

Cleatech LLC, the leading company manufactures laboratory and cleanroom equipment. Buy the top-quality Glove Box Systems and other laboratory equipment such as Vacuum Glove Box at Cleatech.com.

© 2021 CleaTech LLC


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 20, 2021
Last Updated on May 20, 2021
Tags: Glove Box Systems

Author

CleaTech LLC
CleaTech LLC

Santa Ana, CA



About
Cleatech LLC designs standard and custom-made laboratory solutions and clean room equipment such as desiccators and dry boxes, glove boxes, laminar flow hoods and test equipment and many more laborato.. more..

Writing