Bus Ride Blues

Bus Ride Blues

A Chapter by CobaltCraftR27
"

Elrick and Callen have a conversation on Callen's date.

"

Callen stared out the cold window as the soft rain fell outside as the bus brought him slowly home. He hoped the rain would stop so he wouldn't have to walk through it later for his date. He was so nervous, he had never been on a real dinner date before. He had taken Viola to the movies with friends or to go get ice cream after school, but never something like this. He was also planning on having Maurice, who worked at the restaurant, play their favorite song during the meal.  It had been on his mind all day, and he had the horrible feeling that something would go wrong. Callen always feared his intuition, because it was often correct. His thoughts were interrupted by Elrick from the seat behind him.

"Hey man you alright you look a million miles away?" questioned Elrick.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous about my date later."

"Hey you'll do fine, just do what you always do, make it nice." Elrick said reassuringly.

"Thanks, see ya tomorrow." Callen said as he got up, for it was his stop.

"See ya."

Callen walked off the bus and made the short journey home. It was a nice home, especially for the small town of Lodsef Minnesota. He got to his front doorstep and pulled out his key from his bag and opened the door and walked inside the home. He was finally out of the rain.



© 2016 CobaltCraftR27


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on January 19, 2016
Last Updated on January 19, 2016


Author

CobaltCraftR27
CobaltCraftR27

La Crosse, WI



About
I am a writer that enjoys coming up with plots. I often write about either teen action or fantasy/science fiction. I am completely open to suggestions and even requests or character additions. more..

Writing