The Tender Trap

The Tender Trap

A Poem by Judas Hammer
"

After I was saved it was the hardest time of my life. I meet a woman and she was loving and caring. But I was pulled between where I was trying to go with the lord and my desires and heart

"

The Tender Trap

 

My heart dropped a beat

Due to the solemn circumstance

The devil had woven the best net yet

And threw it over my head

I wished I could blame Beelzebub

Totally

I picked the net up

As if it were a blanket

The cords choked out my reasoning

I peered out from underneath

Yet the world seems better where I was

I asked for no help

I waved potential heroes past

The love struck smile tattooed

On my face

I love this net!

The more I struggled the tighter it griped

Me

All those try to free me

I despise

All the warnings are there

All the signs flashed brightly

I plug my ears as the sweet whispers

From God came upon me

I have tried three times before to release

The net

When I do I ran back

Hoping

Praying

To the Lord the net is still there

Scratch stands smiling

He hugged me

His evil coldness freezes my pores

I don’t care

Thirty seconds ago is ancient history

My eyes moistened

I grabbed the net and placed it over me again

Over my spinning cranium

The devil has made the perfect trap

I can’t escape

I don’t want too.

© 2012 Judas Hammer


Author's Note

Judas Hammer
It's an interesting though. What you're suppose to do. What your desires say. Its a thing hard road. I still have a very hard time following, when i do...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can realy relate to this poem a lot, a lot of people would disagree with me i am sure, but it has seemed to me that throughout my life as i progress upward, with each little bit of progress i make comes the next test, an opportunity if you like to do something differently this time...emotions will always make us believe this is all meant to be, but just below the surface if we get real honest there is the highest thought of all that tells us this is or isnt right. we can get back on the merry go round if we like, but same place different face soon ensues. When we resist the emotional temptations there is always a reward. A new insight or something usually arises, only then are we glad we didn't go back into all that again. Recovery is not a straight line up, its a load of hills up and down and up again. Thankyou. Sorry if i sound preachy.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Very chilling...the all well known inner chaos of good an evil...humanities struggle achieved through the bite of a forbidden apple...we all know the turmoil of our choices and this reflects that conscious very well...I am there all too often as well as all!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Don't strive to be too good lest you wind up among the scornful hypocrites or rush to do evil lest you fall in the company of demons. Answer not every desire but forbid yourself no innocent pleasure. That's my motto.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice write..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting. Funny, how, upon just reading the title of this piece, I had not expected it to go where it went. Pleasant real all-together and a solid write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem made my heart pound! It was very capturing! Great write!

~ Scandalous

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Thirty seconds ago is ancient history," I love that idea, especially in terms of a collective conciousness where all matter and energy exsists simultaneously and our sense of temporal association is but a mental construct. Indeed thirity seconds ago, dinosaurs might have been shitting on our front lawn, and another thrity seconds from now we've perfected instantaneous interstellar travel and negated the need for flesh and blood bodies. Dude your stuff rocks. Again highly readable but at the same time deeply philosophical. I see more in this every time I read it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DRD
I catches my attention, I enjoyed it greatly. And the best thing of all is its true for all those who are called human

Posted 12 Years Ago


doubt doubt doubt! Everybody always doubt the strength of their will. Its only a very strong will that can escape such your tender trap. To me it is our doubts and emotions that weakens our will. I love this piece though quite ordinary in its approach but explicit in its message, i had to read this twice to notice how much it tells about our will. Though i know not everyone will agree with me but i just know their are lots of weak wills around today. Little are those exempted. Thanks for sharing this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


violent and distressing... and quite lovely.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, this poem is so true! It captures the essence of our personalities, torn between the comforting net and the exciting freedom... In the last half the poem, the tense changed from past to present and back several times, which was a little bit distracting. Otherwise, very captivating and I liked the analogy.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

872 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on January 12, 2012

Author

Judas Hammer
Judas Hammer

The City of Angeles, CA



About
I like to write, live in La and write and make short films. and more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bushido Bushido

A Poem by Judas Hammer