Proulouge

Proulouge

A Chapter by Jayse Norling

A father, a king, a target runs through the woods. He wears a black cloak that covers his brown, well groomed hair and short beard. It also covers the golden tears running down his face out of his piecing blue eyes. As he looks at his yet unnamed son he only sees his mother in him all but his piecing blue eyes.  It is a dark night for many clouds have covered the moon and sky. He runs slowly, more like a jog, for the dirt path he is on is narrow and has many twists and turns. Hearing the howls and screeches of his demon perpetrator in the distance he tries to run faster. Bad choice, for his cloak gets caught in a thorn causing him to drop his son. After un sticking his cloak he moves his son into one of the bushes, covering him in ashes to get ride of his son's scent.

 "Good bye" He says as a single golden tear drops onto the ground. He quickly covers it up, using the last of his ash then turns back to the path and jogs again. "I must get as far away from my son as possible." He thinks. A couple yards away, he screams as a great darkness engulfs him, ending his life. Killed by the Demon Scars. 

 Hours after a women who works at the Orphanage nearby walks through the woods. She follows the same path the king had and comes upon the sound of a crying baby. The sound struck her heart so deep she sought out to find the baby and when she did, he was covered in ashes. As if the baby were to be buried! She scooped up the baby into her loving arms and brought him to the orphanage. Their, they named him Samuel. Samuel had jet black hair and piercing blue eyes. She cared for him as if he were her own until he could care for himself.




© 2019 Jayse Norling


Author's Note

Jayse Norling
Hope you enjoyed that!
Who was the king?
Why did he hide his son?
Why was his son covered in ashes but not somthing else?
Will scares find him?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 18, 2019
Last Updated on May 18, 2019