Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Jayse Norling

A what?" I fanaly say with great effort after a long and auard scielance.

"An Angel, boy" Inker snickers "Do you really NOT know this by now? You told her about a plantet, c'mon! You have to-"

"No sir, I don't" I say trying my hardest not to scream at him, how could he think I knew?! What the heck man!

"Oh, son, you have sooo much to learn." Just then the doors shut but not before Lydia comes running in. Many people look at the doors in shock for this doesn't happen every day. Inker stands up on the table and every head turns to him in response, most looking worried. He slowly turns his head making eye contact with each and every one of us to make sure we are all listening. It becomes so uiet you could hear a coin drop.

"Hello!" says Inker "my name's Inker, you will all be locked in hear until I find the theif who stole something very important to the queen, If you stole it, you know what i'm talking about" I do "Untli then, stay calme and anyone who I suspect did it will come with me, plue Sam."

He jumps back down from the table then sits next to me... slowly the room gets louder as more and more people begin to talk.

"So" I begin but he cuts me off.

"Listen boy, you may be half angel but I am no angel.... I am a demon and I do not care if a demon is tecnacly an angel, I am a DEMON and you will respect that.... We will be giving you a test soon just to make sure you're who I think you are"

"We?" I ask now confused.

"Yeah, we" Says Lydia as she sits down next to me. "What?"

"What are you?" I ask her.

"That is of Mercury, an Ash, other wise known as a slave, even a drop of ash blood can allow a demon to enslave you unless you have demon blood, but no demons ever have children with the citicens of the kingdom of Ash....." He trails off and I feel as if somwone just punched me in the gut... I could have a drop of Ash blood, and a demon? I look at him as he stares into space, he doesn't look threatening at all...

"Sam" Lydia wispers into my ear "Their is a war going on up their, the citecens of Ash used to have control over the kingdom of Ash... Their king Hermes had a choice between joining the side of the Demons or be destroyed, He choose to be destroyed then fleed Legand has it he had a son... that they couldn't find... That's what they are looking for. And that's why we take this test." I feel a slight pinch on the back of my neck and Inker covers my mouth to prevent me from screaming. Good thing too for I begin to scream although it is muffled by Inker's hand. the pinch starts something like a fire in me and it spreads throughout my body rapidly growing hotter and hotter before suddenly, SNAP! It stops. I begin to breath more normally again and Inker takes his hand off my mouth.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" I say maybe a little too loud for a few people urn t look at me with curious faces then, they spot Inker and look away.

"Not so loud" Lydia whispers in my ear "how did it feel? Hot or Cold"

"Raging fire" Is all I can say "Hurt a lot"

"You sure, Son?" Asks Inker "You don't look like a demon"

"Or an angel" Says Lydia "That's-" She goes silent.

"Speak" Says Inker in a stern voice.

"D- Demon" she says and my heart sinks "A- And Ash! Wait, theirs some Hell too" Hell? Hell? Wait, What?! No... Nope! "then.... Jupiter"

"wow!" says Inker wide eyed "Now THAT'S diverse!!! But, he dose have Demon blood which explains the burning sensation" he pauses then says "And Ash explains his ability to play the lure sense Ash is all decedents from Hermes which are decedents of his children... but one." He looks at me now square in the eyes and says "Of Hell... he helps us from time to time... then Jupiter We like him so very so...." He smiles "No human blood after all.... Please read the percentages"

"50% Ash, 20% Demon, 10% Hell, and 10% Jupiter. Oh! 10% Unknown" She reads, 50% Ash, that must mean, no.. I have Demon blood too but...

"Wow!!" He says "I once meet a demon who was 50% Ash, real messed up guy! Ah! I loved him... until I had to kill him of course" My heart skips a few beats "Wow! No need to worry HE was on Mercury's side! YOU will not be, obviously, because you're my Allie and I can't take owner ship or have a servant of any demon blood, that means- You're my partner now... Or well.... apprentice for that matter..."

"wait, what?!"

"I choose you, son, to be my apprentice and you have no choice, the rules are rules... now those kids over their want to play with you.. you should have some fun" He points to three little boys staring at me, I recognize them right away as Tim, Tim, and Tim.. the triplets... two girls come over, Sasha and Sasha and begin to give me puppy eyes. I sigh knowing what I must do, I get up holding my hands above my head pretending to be a monster, they scream and run away as I "Try" to catch them.

*Three Hours Later*

"Sing us a song!" The kids chant as I finally get some time without them, I sigh then pull out my Lyre. They cheer and I begin to sing my song.

It's

Time To Sleep

Time To rest

Time to go to bed

So Drowsy

Are you

Sleep

My young ones

Good night

Good night

Good

Night

By the time I'm done with the song all five of them are sound asleep Tim is snoring though..... I can't tell witch one. But, as if to spoil the quiet, the doors open.

"GET UP!!!" one of the guards yell "I WILL BE ANNOUNCING THE SUSPECTS PLUSE SAMMUEL" He clears his threw out "THEY ARE-



© 2019 Jayse Norling


Author's Note

Jayse Norling
Holla readers! What did you think?
What do you think about Samuel being his apprentice?
Who do you think will come with them?
Lydia?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on May 19, 2019
Last Updated on May 19, 2019


Author

Jayse Norling
Jayse Norling

Monticello , MN



Writing
Proulouge Proulouge

A Chapter by Jayse Norling


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jayse Norling