Sara

Sara

A Poem by John Cody Buck
"

I wrote this poem about my sister, who was going through some bad times in her life at the time that I wrote it. The things she did greatly affected our family and my thoughts about her created this.

"
What an intelligent mind,
Yet completely blurred and undoubtedly blind.
Separated by mother, linked by father, 
But should I call you a sister of mine?

Backs stabbed, money borrowed, all for you to fall once more.
Always breaking, never fixing, soon you'll have no open doors.

Yes we discuss, yes we plan, but never in front of your face.
A dangerously spinning out-of-control hazard, but even now no one steps up to the plate.

You've created this fear in your family's hearts that has us all running away.
You just don't see that the life you live has everyone wanting to stray.

But you're so cocky and so full of pride.
You'll never admit you're wrong, though you know you live through lies

I'll never know all your issues and why you expect everyone else to solve them.
But I can read everyone's thoughts... they say "will she ever realize she's the problem?"

© 2013 John Cody Buck


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad. There's definitely a rough edge to this piece and there's obviously a great deal of emotion behind this, which you've presented fairly well. Some of your language choice seems a little odd and the whole thing strikes me as just maybe a tiny bit too conversational, but other than that, nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Cody Buck

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your comments. Sometimes I do get a little conversational in my writing, but hey, ever.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013

Author

John Cody Buck
John Cody Buck

Houston, AR



About
I'm a Christian who is very strong in my faith, but I do respect everyone else's beliefs and opinions. I'm a southern boy from the good state of Arkansas just trying to get some of the crazy things th.. more..

Writing