Home

Home

A Poem by Vertigo Cat1111
"

We all go on journeys throughout our life to find home. But what happens when we find it in the most unconventional person? With the enemy?

"
There was something stirring me in my sleep. A call I’ve heard all my life. But I ignored it, because feelings always fade.

Home is somewhere, I knew. I’ve lived it in a past life, and I remember. ‘Come find me,’ it said.

Meanwhile, I was stuck in the taste of unrequitedness.

Are you my home? Whoever you are, please come to me and stay.

But nothing is quite right, I’m always left behind, and again these things fade.

I hold back the ‘stay’ I could never say I saw coming, horrified that YOU are the one I’ve been looking for?

That bright, dusty, nostalgic and gold
dawn shone through the old window and curtains, cracking through each and every memory I have. It never leaves.

I know it has something to do with you.

But I turn away from you.

You could destroy me.

I’m the worst person you’ve ever met. And you are the worst person I’ve ever met.

But for one split second, in the dead blue of the night, this time sitting awake, I realize you terrify me. Because you do what you want, say what you see, and love who you love. I’m now unguarded, as hard as I tried to catch myself. Your the one who’s here, so please, don’t leave me alone. Stay, and let’s make our home.

© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
First poem I’m posting on here! I’m so nervous! Please give any constructive criticism or tips! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'Home'
vertigo cat,
Yes intentions are ours to claim. Looking for adventure in a relationship. Hmmm... well sometimes time will teach us and hopefully we want to learn and mature. This poem reminded me that to grow old and learn to be content with the love we have is very beautiful. I wish that for this world.
Blessings,
kathy

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing this piece! It’s quite an old one and the fact that it got another.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

You are so welcome



Reviews

Two souls not quite right for each other... Stuck together by fear... Each one afraid to leave, afraid to hurt the other one, afraid to be alone. Seen it. Lived it. Let the mice have the t-shirt. You voice this hopelessness so well. Great job.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Never thought of another heart as home. Good theme. The taste of unreqietedness? Tastes like metallic dusty nostalgia. I've known that taste. The taste of memories that could have been.

Posted 2 Years Ago


'Home'
vertigo cat,
Yes intentions are ours to claim. Looking for adventure in a relationship. Hmmm... well sometimes time will teach us and hopefully we want to learn and mature. This poem reminded me that to grow old and learn to be content with the love we have is very beautiful. I wish that for this world.
Blessings,
kathy

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing this piece! It’s quite an old one and the fact that it got another.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

You are so welcome
I had a somewhat familiar feeling as this poem. Wanting someone to stay and it did last for quite a long time. Then it ended. Long story but what I really wanted was someone else from long ago to stay. Now I get off topic ...

Great heart felt write. Sometimes we pick people for all the wrong reasons

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello, Colacat! :)
I enjoyed this poem. I read it twice, trying to put it all together. I think its a bit crazy. Maybe you are too. Haha

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Haha, thank you! This is a bit of an older one, and I find my older poems make a lot less sense than.. read more
mattavelli

3 Years Ago

I like to read through my old poems sometimes, the ones that I've forgotten. They usually feel corny.. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Yes, that's exactly how it feels! Haha, it's very sentimental.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2020
Last Updated on September 17, 2020
Tags: Home. Window. Dawn. Love. Enemy.

Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing