Seventeen Preview

Seventeen Preview

A Story by Vertigo Cat1111
"

A preview for the fourth book in the series! I know it's a bit confusing, but it makes me sense when you read it... uh, I mean that's obvious.

"
"Things have changed," he began. "I know both you and I are uneasy with each other, because of everything that happened when I was alive. And on top of all that, this war you have going on with Winona... No one knows what will become of this, but it might just cause more pain if you keep trying."

"What are you saying, Alfonce? Get to it." Hudson snapped, baring his teeth. Alfonce sighed. "Hudson, I-I... just have some hope left in me."

Unnerved at his brother's own words, and what seemed to be some odd knowledge... Hudson couldn't think of a response to say.

"What? Are you really going to go soft on me, Alfonce? This isn't you. You've done nothing but bad since Winona came around."

Alfonce warily observed his brother. A series of growls erupted from Hudson's throat, and Alfonce wondered if anything could ever make Hudson happy. If Hudson was this mad right now, he knew he would fail. He looked to Hudson, expectant of his next angry words. 

"Go on, then." Hudson replied.

Mentally sighing in relief, he dipped his head down. "Hudson... I think maybe we're going about this the wrong way..." he muttered, and then flinched, awaiting Hudson's yelling. Nothing came. And so, he continued. "Don't you think seeking revenge and looking to hurt them is going about it all the wrong way?"

Hudson scoffed. "Oh, Alfonce, that's RICH coming from you," He spat.

Alfonce's back immediately straightened. "Hudson, I've changed! I'm trying to help you do the same! You said I've done nothing but bad since I met Winona, but you're acting how I did!" As he spoke though, Hudson had turned and began to walk away, until his brother finished his sentence. He then whipped around. "I don't NEED change! I'm fine the way I am! You need to go back to the way you are! You were smart, and just as manipulative as we needed. The only problem was that you were against me. That's what I meant."

His words made Alfonce stiffen, and his nostrils flared with rage, and he almost whipped around and slashed his own brother across the face. But he held it within, shrinking lower, and his ears tightly flattened against his beating skull. The fact Hudson was bringing out this aggressive side again, was making the gray cat question everything. His sureness of everything since he came back alive, was fragile. He wanted to yell insults straight back, but he left his rage and hurt unuttered. The glare in Hudson's eye shone just as bright, though.

"Don't you want to save yourself? Fix everything?" continued the phantom, trying to settle the shaking infuriation within him. He truly didn't know why it made him so angry. There was just something about Hudson that did that. 

"In that case, if you think things like that, I won't be happy to help you anymore! Alfonce..." Hudson shook his head, "you need to be on my side if you wanna be around, and do EXACTLY as I say!" He snapped.

Alfonce's ears stood up now, and he stared at the callous figure before him. He squinted at his brother, calming his nerves, even after all he said to him. 

This, of course, would need to take alot more convincing. He needed to be calm if he were to get through this. He did not want to admit he hadn't entirely thought this through... but he hadn't. 

After he had woken up, he had been different. And then once maybe Hudson turned good, they could be the best brothers. And if not... he could surely leave his company, and for some reason that was more comforting. He ignored that though, for the time being. He was unsure about how he felt, but he almost smiled, picturing retreating from this toxic household. 

Where home used to be...

No, where home never was.

© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
Please review and tell me what you think! And yes, this Alfonce guy... is indeed a ghost.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very absorbing dialog between the two brothers. Alfonce had reformed and wanted to take the good, peaceful way yet he wasn't being successful in convincing Hudson who is all for war and doesn't seem to like Alfonce in his new, benign avatar. I think the conclusion is spot on as Alfonce decides to let go of the toxic relationship. Bad vibes just boomerang in your face so thats a sound decision. Whoa Colacat! Such a great story!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Thank you a billion times! This means the absolute world to me!
AJNJ

3 Years Ago

You're welcome and do let me know if you need feedback on any of your stories! Its a pleasure to rea.. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Thank you! And yes I’m always welcoming feedback so thank you so much



Reviews

This is more in-depth than I remember some of the other chapters of yours that I've read recently. I like it when you delve more deeply into a scene like this. You spend ample time developing the tension between these two & we can feel it, understand it, follow it, easily. It sets the stage for whatever drama comes next. I will have to say this -- even tho your back-and-forth interactions between the 2 are strongly-felt & compelling -- I have no idea what anything LOOKS like (or anything else sensory) about the scene or your characters. Don't forget to paint us some pictures, too. SHOW the tension, such as early on when you say that Hudson growled . . . that's the way to SHOW more than telling what's being felt (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much, and yes, this is some more recent work of mine, and your criticism means a lot to.. read more
view my story pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted 3 Years Ago


A very absorbing dialog between the two brothers. Alfonce had reformed and wanted to take the good, peaceful way yet he wasn't being successful in convincing Hudson who is all for war and doesn't seem to like Alfonce in his new, benign avatar. I think the conclusion is spot on as Alfonce decides to let go of the toxic relationship. Bad vibes just boomerang in your face so thats a sound decision. Whoa Colacat! Such a great story!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Thank you a billion times! This means the absolute world to me!
AJNJ

3 Years Ago

You're welcome and do let me know if you need feedback on any of your stories! Its a pleasure to rea.. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Thank you! And yes I’m always welcoming feedback so thank you so much
More please, please, please! This is an amazing story, and the ending... WHYYY MUST THE CLIFFHANGERS BE SO IMMENSE! Please! I NEED MORE!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Haha! Thank you! I really do need to start putting these stories up... I'm thinking about doing it e.. read more
Rose

3 Years Ago

I'd love to read more, most definitely! And I have no clue why, but poems get a lot more acknowledge.. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

I know! I definitely noticed that, and thank you so much. I get it's a site full of poem writers!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2020
Last Updated on October 11, 2020
Tags: Ghost. Cats. Fight. Argue.

Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..