Dump Truck

Dump Truck

A Poem by Vertigo Cat1111
"

‘Go all the way, have your fun, have it all, go take it down’- Lorde

"
8/11/2021 10:10 PM

It’s summer and I’m trying to cool off
But then I hear your familiar knock
Are my bad years
Long enough for you?
Is my heart
Strong enough for you?

I’m just another dump truck
In the middle I was stuck
But if you know who I am
Then there’s no reason to ask
If I can

I guess it was kind of a nice view
Split apart at the review
And choking on your trauma

© 2022 Vertigo Cat1111


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I seem to note that there is some doubt in this relationship....but mostly he is the one who made you feel lousy. Now you are showing us your strength and giving back what is deserves. I like the line" and choking on your trauma"....shows the declaration of freedom from this trauma that you suffered. Well written.
Best, B

Posted 2 Years Ago


Wow! Relationships are hard. I hear your suffrage. He couldn't appreciate you, enough. It makes me sad. I cry a lot because I can't love. But you are couragous dear. Very, indeed. ---KnighnGale

Posted 2 Years Ago


"And choking on your trauma". I love that line. It says so much and its a gut punch. Really enjoyed this. Powerful writing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


kind of the opposite of Sheryl Crow's song "are you strong enough to be my man"
I would like to see the speaker in this turn it around and become a steamroller...
and leave him choking flatly.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Oh my, this one seems quite bitter. Tis better to dump than to be dumped on I always say. Actually, I never say that but it's pretty obvious. (laughing) At least most dump trucks have those beeping and annoying warning sounds when they put the gear in reverse so you know to look out for them. I remember one summer morning I was laying in bed trying to catch some sleep on my day off from five twelve hour shifts I had pulled consecutively. I shot straight up out of my sleep at nine AM to the most horrid cacophony it has ever been my great displeasure to wake to. It was a gigantic woodchipper by my house grinding up branches from trimmed trees the city had been so kind to remove from interfering with the electrical lines. My wife was so sympathetic. She asked what was wrong. Meanwhile the whirring, grinding noise outside continued. I looked at her point blank and said, I was just wondering, my dear, what sound a city worker makes when shoved headfirst into a woodchipper. I'll bet there's a blessed and peaceful silence once the screaming stops. I'm encouraged to go find out. She, being the kind sort of person she is, gently discouraged me from that bloodthirsty endeavor. Somewhere, at this very moment, there's a city worker who owes his life to the kindness of a fine and wonderful woman. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2022
Last Updated on March 28, 2022
Tags: Summer. Knock. Bad. Years. Long.

Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..