The Poet

The Poet

A Poem by Cole Hayley
"

This is dedicated to every writer on the site. I personally believe this to be the best poem I have, myself, written. Curious to know what you guys think. This is very personal. Fuel & Pollen, part 7

"

The Poet



Poetic influx, blueprints of a magnetic hallucinogenic; Ebullience. Scatterbrained,

words manifest into beautiful inquiries, borne attenuated, nourished into connotation. 

Oh how the rhymes pulsate in my brain's milky offal, I can see them materialize in front of me. Patterns, geometric in actuality. Laymen fumble when they try to outreach their grasp ; although they fall in my lap.


Compulsory, I feel. How I must arrange them into a portrait. 

Sleepless, I feel. They intend to increase their pheromones. 


Tales, gloomy and saturated with dreadful; hermetical, memories. 

Clashing, thrashing, against the ones who know less,

ones who hold no purpose of decoding, 

men and women I have met. 


Land, sky, caffeinated neurones, all sing their siren song to get me 

here. Along the shoreline, they ask what it all means. The tide ascends. 


 

© 2012 Cole Hayley


Author's Note

Cole Hayley
This poem is something I am very proud of. Indirectly it is the most personal piece I have ever written, because I write these so often it really does take a toll on me. I wrote this right off of writers block which is kinda fitting. The ending lines "Along the shoreline they ask what it all means. The tide ascends" is a direct reference to the poem "Introduction To Poetry" by Billy Collins, where he writes:

I want them to waterski
across the surface of a poem
waving at the author's name on the shore.

But all they want to do
is tie the poem to a chair with rope
and torture a confession out of it.

They begin beating it with a hose
to find out what it really means.

- I read that poem in grade twelve, and it really stuck out to me. Thats basically what this poem is about, how people don't take creative writing for just the joy of reading but always wanting some concret answer as to what its about. The tide ascending is exactly that.

This is Fuel and Pollen part 7, the closing poem will be posted tomorrow.





My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was reading this and felt chills. My eyes saw into things, my heart felt the words, and my ears heard haunting music...and then I realized the music was real! Wonderful, how you tie music so perfectly into your poetry. Thank you for this poem. It was eloquent and evocative, a great work of art.

Posted 11 Years Ago


And here you are oh unique one setting my mind on fire.. Your words intrigue me and pull me into the puzzle of your mind and leave me wanting to know more. The words you weave is always perfectly matched with the music.. I felt emotional as I read this.. I can't wait to see tomorrow's post..xo I bow to your excellence..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
every time i read your work i always consult to google...lol...kidding aside.. I think this is the first time you show something personal...
and about your authors note:
"basically what this poem is about, how people don't take creative writing for just the joy of reading but always wanting some concrete answer as to what it’s about"
~ yes i do it in some of my poems, i leave questions of a thought-provoking message...sometimes hidden or sometimes not... the thing is poet.. are just like philosopher always looking for answers… sometimes they already have the answers and just needed more information or needed something to prove their queries of right or wrong…

great write my friend..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like what you have said here and the way you have said it.. I know that we often just want people to read our work and overlook grammar, etc.... I try to remember that it is a writers site whose mission is to help ourselves and others to become better writers.. to learn how to put a thought across with the limited medium of a single sense.. this requires a full toolbox.. so when we receive constructive reviews.. it is hardly ever about the content.. it is almost always about structure.. the most beautiful house in the world is no better than a shabby cardboard box if it is built on shifting sand from a frayed deck of cards.. even when we take poetic license.. we need to try to have a solid structure upon which to hang our graham cracker fingerprints.. ..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very original and bizarre, why, how much do you write?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Absolutely wonderful. So expressive and descriptive. A great, great piece of writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is truly amazing. Your choice of words, your style, your setup; everything about your writing is great.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is truly a work of art. The way you express yourself is absolutely immaculate. You should be proud of this. It is brilliant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
:O No words to describe such brilliance...WAIT! scratch that!!!!!! I just did!!!! :D I love how you add music, I always have something new to listen to, WOOT WOOT! Amazing peice of writing truly, mate. You never cease to stun me! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Scatterbrained- this is currently my status and has been up there for almost a week. So yeah, strikes a chord. I find this an intelligent write however. And very well thought out.

Posted 11 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1403 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on September 18, 2012
Last Updated on September 18, 2012
Tags: The Poet influx beauty love poet

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Film Film

A Poem by Cole Hayley


Leucosia Leucosia

A Poem by Cole Hayley