The secret

The secret

A Chapter by Connie B

14th September 2013


A little girl the age of four years old was stood under the big oak tree with it's golden leaves facing the house. Her blue shining eyes scanned the grass looking for something....or someone, she wore little blue wellies and a purple rain coat.

Looking up at the dark sky the four year old Lilith Wilcox found the autumn to be relaxing, and the darkness of that time of year comforting. You see Lilith was a special child, her parents worried because Lilith was more reserved and seemed like she preferred to be alone, even away from her parents. But Lilith had a secret...she knew her mummy would not approve...but her daddy knew all about this secret. When he had found Lilith he was shocked, Lilith even remembered the scared look that came across his face. But it soon vanished as he tried to comfort the small child, Lilith didn't need comfort. Not one bit. She knew what she was doing all along.

She watched as the leaves fluttered to the ground. A sudden russeling sound, put her back on high alert. Slowly and calmly Lilith reached for a small pebble on the ground throwing it in the direction of the russeling.
"Ow! Lilith! Its me Sofia," A girl around eight years old with deep red hair, and piercing jade green eyes emerged from the bushes.


At this Lilith smiled evilly at her, seeing her discomfort.
"I told you I would be back Lil, you didn't need to start throwing things at me," Sofia sighed softly rubbing her now soon to be bruised forehead.
Lilith shrugged slightly,
"Have you stayed out of trouble?" Sofia asked her in a motherly cornerned tone, Lilith just looked down and that's all Sofia needed to know what she had to do.
Reaching a hand out to the little four year old she smiled softly, "Why dont you tell me about it? Hmm?"
So she did.

Sofia Morris knew Lilith very well, she had taken her under her wing like a big sister. She was Lilith's only friend. And the only person she could really trust, because Sofia was different she listened. She didn't scream, she wasn't scared of Lilith's actions and most of all when Lilith would finish talking, Sofia would smile gently at her an almost a sad smile, but would reply with "Well...why don't we put a smile on that face and forget it ever happened, I've brought some cookies from my mums shop," And that would be the last conversation about the situation, until it happened again.


But Sofia was always around for Lilith, at that same spot they would meet in the meadow, every time she would wait for Sofia to emerge from the trees with a tin of freshly made cookies from her mothers shop....until that day, that dreaded day that came and started the insanity of Lilith Wilcox.



© 2015 Connie B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on July 4, 2015
Last Updated on July 4, 2015


Author

Connie B
Connie B

United Kingdom



Writing
Lilith Lilith

A Book by Connie B