I

I

A Chapter by C.J.H.

The memories returned from their journey, with a punch to the throat. The phone rests upon the table as I choke.  I graspe for a single smile I gave her, leaves my hand like water. I knew in the mirror, I'd find outcomes of all the mistakes.  They filled the bookshelves, titles noticably enlightened.  I pull the final volume and turn towards the whispers.
  She stood in a puddle of her own tears.  I could no longer see the flowing blonde hair or the blue sea in her eyes.  The darkness that was left in her, begged for my mouth to let go of anything, but there was nothing.  I could only hide within the covers, which held only a single moment of comfort.  The suitcase carries all the places she has never been, and now "leaving" is crossed-out.  
The door is left slightly closed, but we all know it has been locked tight.  Still I run, the moment where I'm reminded of this pressure against my heart.  My soul leaves my mouth in all directions...... she is gone.  Everything we had together is still inside our home, which now only I sleep within.  Everything, except the calming of love.  I begin to light a match.....


© 2016 C.J.H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on October 23, 2016
Last Updated on October 23, 2016


Author

C.J.H.
C.J.H.

Austin, TX



About
Introverted with too much to say. Practicing with sitting down at the keyboard. In general my writings appear instantaneously. As I go through my journals, I may post some. However; sad, happy, .. more..

Writing