Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by CourtneyCalle

Chapter 3

 

            The city slowly came to life as the sun made its way across the sky. I was going to leave tomorrow. I spent my final day in Oiram with my grandmother.

            We arrived home; exhausted from walking through the concrete jungle we call Oiram. It’s a big city. It’s also known to be very safe, but my grandmother came here for the shipping port that she used to visit often. She once was a ships navigator, and a skilled one at that. She had traveled to many parts of Cookzania on a ship called the Voyager. She traveled to wondrous places where there are creatures called Kangaroos! I have read that they carry their young in pouches that they have attached to their bodies! Some who have not seen them say it is impossible. I’ll be the judge of that. I thought to myself.

            Anyway, we collapsed on the couch after a lot of walking. We gave a sigh, and dropped our things. They ranged from navy blue to bright pink. “I think we got more then we needed.” I said looking everything over.

“Well you’re going to live on your own, so we need it all dear.” She said laughing a little before putting her feet up on the coffee table.

            “Well, then.” I laughed. “I guess it’s all necessary then.”

            “Best of luck Court.” She said… For some reason I always liked that nickname, ‘Court‘.

            I took my leave. I took all the bags that I could carry. I walk to my room. It was then evening, and the shadows were long. The walls were navy blue and I had a lot of white furniture. Everything was clean, and in its place… Come to think of it I haven’t been there in the longest time, that apartment… not since the accident…

             Soon most of it would be in boxes. Well actually my grandmother mailed everything to me. What I carried with me was a messenger bag and a suitcase. They were not very big so I had to pick what to put in it carefully.

            I rummaged though drawers. Only what I need…Everything else would be mailed to my new address… When I got one that is.

            My grandmother called me for dinner, and I zipped my bag. There done. I take in the aroma of pasta as it swirls around my nose.

             Not much happened during dinner just talk about the mailing, and traveling plans. It was dark, and I was tired… No dreams came to me that night, just darkness, as usual.



© 2013 CourtneyCalle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 1, 2013
Last Updated on July 1, 2013


Author

CourtneyCalle
CourtneyCalle

Newtown, PA



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by CourtneyCalle


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by CourtneyCalle


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by CourtneyCalle