A New Companion

A New Companion

A Chapter by Literatureandthemind

I woke up to the shining of the sun. I stood up groggily, and heard my stomach growl. As I stood there, I hoped that my mother would call me for "Pancake Sundays", but all I heard was the honking of cars and the cat's meow. I sighed. I knew I had to face reality.
I glumly walked over to the Subway Station, leaving a trail of tears behind me. Why is the world so cruel? Why can't it take pity on it's civilians? We, the civilians, were the innocent ones. We've done nothing wrong!
"Move it little girl! This is no place to wander around!" a brunet women said as she pushed me away. I fell, but luckily, only two steps. I held on to my ankle, while the pain and anger was bubbled in me. I muttered under my breath, saying ignorant things. I walked down the dirty subways steps while holding on to the rusty, green metal handrail. 
 Hours and hours passed, and minutes and minutes passed, and I still sat on the floor. I still wished someone would pinch me to wake me up, and I still wished the world would take pity on me. Soon, people started to leave and it started to get darker. I closed my eyes, wishing reality was just a dream.
I sat on the floor, and saw a shadow. A small yet dark shadow hovering near me. I got up quickly and moved back one step by one step. I was afraid someone would catch me and bring me back to my deceptive aunt. Then all of the sudden, a dirty little collie trotted up to me and looked at me with eyes of external hopelessness.  I slowly walked up to the dog, afraid of being harmed. The dirty dog moved back a step, startled. I kneeled and extended my hand. He slowly went to me, one paw by one paw and sniffed my hand. He then sat down and wagged his tail. I pitied it, knowing it was going through the same thing as me. Loneliness.
I lay down on the cold, hard, black and white tiles of the Subway Station's bathroom. I wanted to fall asleep and dream. I wanted a place to escape reality, and realize it was a a dream. I got up from the cold hard floor, slumped my shoulders, slouched and looked at the floor. I knew it wasn't a dream. 


© 2012 Literatureandthemind


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You story is developing well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how this is going and the only things that are wrong that I can point out is when she stood up. "As I stood up".... Didn't she already stand up? And brunet I think is spelled brunette? (I may be wrong at that one :) ).. Oh, and the font changed towards the last paragraph if you wanna change that :D. Otherwise, I'm off to the next chapter.. :D (Loving it so far)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm just going to make a comment on the previous chapter first. You might want to think about rephrasing "let a women who stabbed my mother in the back raise me?" if it's creating confusion. When I read it I thought that the aunt had killed her mother because her parents where dead (another presumption). I thought I was putting two and two together, but I guess not. So, you might want to think about re-wording that.
Onto this chapter; I like how only one big main thing happens in this (the dog coming), and it's looking good.
However, just a few things. "I stood up groggily, and heard my stomach growl. I lay there" She was just standing up a moment ago and then later on she stands up again. She can't stand up if she's already standing, an easy mistake.
"We were the innocent ones. We've done nothing wrong!" You use 'we'. As she so far there is no other characters as her friends, who is 'we' referring to. Society as a whole? Because isn't her aunt part of society and she doesn't care if anything happens to her (at least that's what I got from the previous chapter). Just a thought.
"This is no place to wonder around!"" It should be 'wander' not 'wonder'.
Where you talk about the ankle, I think it needs a bit more. It's just kind of sitting there, a couple of lines that are just randomly placed. It needs either more or nothing. Especially when she's walking around again in the next line.
"minuets and minuets" minutes, not minuets (a minuet is something to do with music).
"still wishing someone would pinch me to wake me up, and still wished the world" I think it needs the same tense. (eg. still wishing someone would pinch me to wake me up, still wishing the world would take pity on me.). Or (I still wished someone would pinch me to wake me up, and I still wished the world would take pity on me). It flow betters if it's the same.
"looked at me with eyes of external hopelessness." I loved that line, so beautiful.
"going through the same thing as me" it's repeated, and though it's not a bad thing to say it again, it just has to be said with different wording.
"I got up from the cold hard floor" It's already been established that it's cold and hard, and so it doesn't really need to be said again. Different words though could be used, and it would further to describe the atmosphere.
There are times when more description is needed, such as the dog, it could be described a bit more, especially if it's going to be described further in the story (and even if it's not, as the dog seems to be a prominent aspect of this chapter, seeming by the title).
A random thing; does the font changed in the last paragraph, I can't tell if it does or if it's just my eyes. But if it does, is there any point of that, or just a mistake?
I enjoyed the last line. It was a good solid end to the chapter, but not an end to the whole thing.
I like where this is going, even though I don't know what particurly is going to happen. I am looking forward to where this is going, I can see that it will get interesting.
So, just a few things here and there and it could be amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A sad but interesting story. I saw a few errors, but wasn't sure if you wanted them pointed out or just wanted to know if I liked the story. Keep working at it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


it's really good..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. I really do. I don't even have words to describe it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


המלח בביוב המל..

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar


Surrounded Surrounded

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar


Final Stand Final Stand

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar