Edward Cullen Is...

Edward Cullen Is...

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man
"

A poem about how shallow teens are becoming

"
Edward Cullen
Is the collapse of the world
Where every teenage girl
has become more shallow
Than ever before
Obsessed with looks
and reading stupid books
Many teens are spoiled
Too many of them have cellphones
They are over stimulated
WIth technology that manipulates
In the twilight movies
Bella is extremely selfish
and is often expressionless
She stares into space
Obsessed with Edward's face
She's making a mistake
Her personality is fake
She don't care about her High School friends
All she cares about is having a boyfriend
What message does this send
To little girls then?
Isolate yourself from the world
Just so you can be someone's girl?
Run away from your dad
Forget everything that you ever had
Edward Cullen's
Personality is sullen
Bella's personality
is often dull then
I'm sure eventually their love will go wrong
After many years as a Vampire
All of her friends are gone
She'll wonder what have I done?


© 2012 Crazy Cat Man


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

For Vampires, I'll stick to Bram Stoker's "DRACULA", or F.W. Murnau's German silent classic "NOFERATU". Although I must admit, I did like "FRIGHT NIGHT". The 1985 version, NOT the 2011 one.
None of the girls I went to high school with would have hung out with a pallid faced, mascara wearin', glowing eyed dude like Edward Cullen. Recommended blood transfusions and vitamins, fed him liver and onions maybe, sure. But be seen in public with him, much less go off into the woods ALONE with him? ... was not happenin'!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

I don't get how Dracula turned into a 98 pound sparkly guy. It disturbes me.



Reviews

hhmm, I am going to have to disagree with most of the reviews here. Don't get me wrong I loved the poem and the structure of it, but I also enjoyed the books. However me an adult, I can look at things from a different point of view. This is a fantasy. And the point of the book is that Bella felt out of place for most of her life and Edward made her feel as if she belonged. Her friends she made when she came to forks were not genuine (most of them) as many of them turned on her in her time of need. I do agree that a boy should not become your whole life, so many girls these days do understand that friends are important. But it is the friends that stand by us through thick and thin that are true. And every now and then we need a good fantasy to crawl up to, to take us away to believe in love. Not everyone has to agree with my review here. But belonging and falling in the love with the right person can change a person.
On a side note. Loved the poem, great piece, and how you tied in the rhyming :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem has a strong nad well expressed message. Clear and too the point right from the beginning.. i loved it.
I totally agree with the large majority of this, why are girls running around chasing after guys on a tv screen, are there really no more greater ambitions to teach our children and those that come after us than this false ideal of happiness. what about being themselves, striving for some sorta ambition, making a difference, following there dream not following behind a male... what on earth was all that freedom for woman really about if were still teaching girls that the way to happiness and perfection is found through a man so they should ditch there dreams and talents and friends to dout hopelessly at them.
I can't say that electronics them selves are damaging though i found in my teens the way i found sanity was always browsing the wonders of the web, learning facts and learning the wonders of the inside workings of a computer... the hacking and electrical lessons from that are far a few clogs on the intellegence ratio. Just an opinon though, i suppose anyone who was a computer kid would protest that it had damaged the generation so im not how much of that is point rather than opinon

Posted 11 Years Ago


There has, and always will be, poster boys that girls won't stop drooling over. It used to be Elvis (but at least he rocked). Still though, Twilight is an atrocious tumor on young adult media, and should be removed from collective memory. I fear though, that if it hadn't had been Twilight, it would have been something just as lacking in substance. I like how you went into the distant future, after Bella's past life has literally died off. Keep it up dude!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I got soooo worried when I saw the title, but sooo relieved! I totally agree, I hate the message twilight sends out to people. Harry Potter for the win!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this needs to be posted at every library and high school.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crazy Cat Man

11 Years Ago

u inspired the name of this piece.....when u wrote "Edward Cullen is the collapse of the world" :P i.. read more
eglantine

11 Years Ago

haha nice
good point!(: I love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


lol so true! They should have picked someone more attractive than him though... and Bella pisses me off. Great poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yup! That's pretty much what I think too. Vampires aren't supposed to love humans anyway, or glow in the sunlight (or whatever Edward does). I think Edward's really a fairy ;D Great read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That_Girl

11 Years Ago

He sparkles!!! Like a gay male stripper. :)
BillyGirl

11 Years Ago

Lol! Yeah, he does :D

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on July 9, 2012
Tags: edward cullen, twilight, love, romance. teen

Author

Crazy Cat Man
Crazy Cat Man

New York, NY



About
these are my favorite poems that I have done Letter To Keira KnightleyA Poem by The Reviewer Everybody's CrazyA Poem by The Reviewer Cradle Of Filth - Lilith Immaculate Dimmu Borgir - Ga.. more..

Writing
Racism Racism

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


iLost iLost

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man


Hey, Charlotte Hey, Charlotte

A Poem by devon