Waking up in the dark

Waking up in the dark

A Story by Crystal Haven
"

Just a little short story I wrote about a man who wakes up in the dark with no memory of how he got there. Enjoy.

"

My eyes flew open. I stared into the shadows of the tree's. I stood up. My breath misted before me which only intensified my already fast beating heart-beat. A twig cracked from behind me. Quickly I dropped to the ground as silently as I could, trying hard not to be seen by whatever was out there, if anything was out there. I thought back to Jenny. She would be wondering where I am, as I hadn't returned home like I said I would. The truth is, I don't know why I'm here. I remember nothing. The last thought I remeber having was how long it would take me to get home. Now I have no idea where I am. I listened to the air around me. Nothing. It was then I suddenly became aware of my body. It was wet. I was freezing cold standing in my £1000 work suit that was soaking wet, and I was all alone. Alone. How painful that word sounded as it ran round my head again and again. I lay there. I couldn't move, I was paralysed with fright. Another twig cracked. I curled into the feutal position and tried to relax and be calm. Crack. Another twig. What was near me, what was around? I stiffened. I heard breathing, heavy panting breathing. I was very scared. I felt something warm seeping into my trousers. I whimpered. Then it got a lot closer to me and it breath was on my face. I squinted through my eyes and saw something glitter. A knife. I let out a blood-curdling scream just before the knife reached it's target. The knife continued to hack at my skin, but I still wouldn't die. I lay in pain. Screaming and screaming as each knife slice split my skin. Then It stopped. I heard the thing walk away and I lay there bleeding. Desperate I moaned for help but I felt myself getting weaker. Then I died.

© 2010 Crystal Haven


Author's Note

Crystal Haven
If there are any spelling mistakes just let me know and I'll fix it right up. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

oh my...poor guy...this short story raises many questions...it also confused me at one point...for instance...when he got on the ground after hearing a strange noise and then a while later he was standing soaked in his expensive suit. ..maybe it was the point...or maybe it was a mistake....

I liked the scenario very much...this kind of thing makes you want to know more more more lol....

would you ever continue this? It would definitely be interesting!! I certainly enjoyed it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very brief but it kept you on your toes. You may want to try sing more decriptive language instead of repeating the word "knife"

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
x
this is really really good.
keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh my...poor guy...this short story raises many questions...it also confused me at one point...for instance...when he got on the ground after hearing a strange noise and then a while later he was standing soaked in his expensive suit. ..maybe it was the point...or maybe it was a mistake....

I liked the scenario very much...this kind of thing makes you want to know more more more lol....

would you ever continue this? It would definitely be interesting!! I certainly enjoyed it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice Read thanks for sharing :) keep writing it is good :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on August 16, 2010

Author

Crystal Haven
Crystal Haven

United Kingdom



About
Hello! My Name is Crystal and sometimes when I'm in the mood I like to write things. I joined because I never let people read my stuff, out of embaressment and decided I want some sort of feed back. .. more..

Writing
Juni. Juni.

A Chapter by Crystal Haven



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


KEEP QUIET KEEP QUIET

A Poem by JENY


IN THE PRISON IN THE PRISON

A Poem by JENY