Of A Feather

Of A Feather

A Chapter by Zanna Rose
"

Prologue to Kyda's World

"

Her hair whipped about her, ablaze in the setting sun. The humidity stuck to her pearl skin, gleaming and shimmering rainbow prisms.  She wore a contemplative stare; eyes clear azure like the sky on that cloudless day.  There she sat tall and still among the mossy willow trees, her slightly parted mouth hinting at her meditative mood. The ivory of her teeth showed through rose lips as if telling the spirits of the glen to come at her very whim. Suddenly she betrayed herself with a flick of her fragile wrist, trying to tame the strands that rose and sank in the clear movement of air. Wetting her lips, she stood and with the energy of a soft white rabbit she ran down the hill were she had perched, crimson streamers behind her. She found the gust she'd been waiting for and in the moment it took me to sigh at her changing beauty, she was aloft; soaring and dipping in the same manner her hair done only minutes past. I sat for a moment longer, then took the same downward path, the jagged stones beneath me.  I joined her, feeling the currents under my own shifting feathers. Oh, what joy to be free of this world!



© 2008 Zanna Rose


Author's Note

Zanna Rose
I've been adding and editing all the time, so this may change. Please inform me of any misspellings and grammer errors. I try to be thorough but sometimes thing escape me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found no grammar errors, and since I'm a stickler for perfection, I think you're good there.
I like this prologue.
It's mythical, magical even.
A very nice opening.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is a good beginning here - magical and mystifying - leaving such wondrous unanswered questions for the reader to ponder.

only one typo thingy: "humidty" should be humidity

laura

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this though there are a few things that need a little work I won't post here but I will attempt to leave notes again if it will let me. Though I really do like the description. I like the vagueness of it; it leaves something to the imagination to wonder just exactly what is going on. Good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found no grammar errors, and since I'm a stickler for perfection, I think you're good there.
I like this prologue.
It's mythical, magical even.
A very nice opening.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2008
Last Updated on May 23, 2008


Author

Zanna Rose
Zanna Rose

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I'm a 26 year old. I rarely write, but when the mood strikes, sometimes it comes out really well. I have always had a creative streak, and so here I can showcase the few stories and poems I do have. A.. more..

Writing
Cassandra Cassandra

A Book by Zanna Rose


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Zanna Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..