One: The Emptyness

One: The Emptyness

A Chapter by Max Earns
"

The Beginning

"

If things were different now, I wouldn't acknowledge myself for the change. Instead, I'd blame the things that could've happened but didn't. This doesn't mean that the change would be a good one; it'll be just a change. The long years and wasted nights brought me to realise only one thing: I fail at life. There was times when giving up seemed so reachable. Everyone gives up one time or another. Even heroes give up... But their biggest failure becomes their source for success. Who am I kidding, I'm not a hero. I've never saved a soul. I don't have a big bulging body that draws people to stupidly drool when I walk by. No, I'm just another number in the system with simple words to share for who ever bothers to listen.


Have you ever sat outside under the night sky and stare up at the stars? If you look closely you can see them blinking back at you. Just stare at them long enough until your brain buries them in darkness and the stories in your head come to life. That's kinda how it is when it takes over. The darkness I mean. Except, the heart is beating rapidly with no intent to stop. The breathing is so intense and deep it sometimes hurts when the cold air rushes in. As I lay there with big red spidery eyes the size of golf balls, thoughts are running 312 mps. Laughter sinks in but nothing is funny to the world around me, just in my head. JUST IN MY HEAD! Bright lights shine like the stars in the sky and then the feelings creep in. Loneliness, hunger, filth but worst of all, death.


I can't think. I can only feel. Guided by the tiredness of my mind, I begin to swallow the words that once were true. When did day come? When did the blankets roll up and the claws of the sun shattered innocence? As I wake up 3 days later, the stars are no longer looking down at me. That's how it is. That's how it feels. Things are different. But also, things just are.



© 2012 Max Earns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I got chills just reading this :) i cant wait for more chapters within this! Also i love what you called it :3

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2012


Author

Max Earns
Max Earns

In My Head, TX



About
I live through music. I play, I write and perform my feelings. Quite often you'll find me running around in my head. I'm a forgotten dreamer but I know one day reality will bump into me and say, "Hey!.. more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Story by Max Earns