??? (Don't know what to title this anymore)

??? (Don't know what to title this anymore)

A Poem by Pandy
"

Wanting to actually be depressed now that I don't feel depressed.

"
So today I actually felt unusually okay.
No monsters, no murders, a pretty day.
But I, myself, used to a world full of gray,
attempted to send my happiness away.

Harsh and hateful, the way I bullied me.
With insults and shame to I would agree.
Tried to sting myself like a killer bee,
tried to drown myself in the beaufort sea.

None of it worked, I still felt fairly fine,
no matter how much water went into these lungs of mine,
or how much I consumed of a dangerous alkaline.
So I will have to sit here and whine, wait for my time.

© 2017 Pandy


Author's Note

Pandy
I don't really like how this turned out. I hope it receives some constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think that addiction to poor mental health describes the feeling being described. The feeling described here is one of self-sabotage which is/can be a symptom OF poor mental health. It's like a person with a broken leg saying I'd like it if I were immobile. An interesting write all the same.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pandy

6 Years Ago

I agree. I wasn't really happy with the title when I first came up with it. Thank you for telling me.. read more



Reviews

had nice flow like an old nursery rhyme and that style those rhymes had with wicked humour, and self bullying. yes! more of a disease than an addiction is poor mental health.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I don't think that addiction to poor mental health describes the feeling being described. The feeling described here is one of self-sabotage which is/can be a symptom OF poor mental health. It's like a person with a broken leg saying I'd like it if I were immobile. An interesting write all the same.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pandy

6 Years Ago

I agree. I wasn't really happy with the title when I first came up with it. Thank you for telling me.. read more
This is just my opinion, but I think this actually describes how resilient you have become through your struggles with depression. I don't have any mental disorders, so I could just be talking nonsense. However... The fact that you're trying to steal your own happiness to feel sorrow beyond anyone else's, and your inability to manifest that depressed state of mind sort of shows the strength of your soul. These are just my thoughts and I apologize for not being constructive. To be honest... I don't know exactly how to give constructive criticism that well. Regardless, I found this poem interesting. Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pandy

6 Years Ago

I really love your interpretation of this! Perhaps I was stronger than I thought. Also no worries! I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2017
Last Updated on July 22, 2017
Tags: mental health, depression, anxiety, sadness, sad

Author

Pandy
Pandy

TX



About
Hello there! I suffer from anxiety and depression. I often write poetry to filter out the feelings that I experience almost everyday. I'm pretty young compared to many of the people on here, so expect.. more..

Writing
s t a r s s t a r s

A Poem by Pandy


school sucks. school sucks.

A Book by Pandy


gray faces gray faces

A Chapter by Pandy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Geisha A Geisha

A Poem by Jes' Pi


Carry on Carry on

A Poem by Sira YR