Visitors

Visitors

A Chapter by Scarlett Moon

I wasn’t sure how many more surprises I could handle in one day. First I find out that I’m some sort of mutant vampire. Then demons try to kill me. Now some woman falls from a tree top and tells me she’s been waiting for me. All this while trying to adjust to a new body with strengths and abilities I never dreamed possible. What else could happen?

“That was a bit dramatic, don’t you think?” a male voice came from behind me. I had to ask didn’t I?

“Tine!” Tiffany exclaimed.

The girl in front of me turned to Tiffany. Then a smile stretched across her face. “Hey Tiffany. I was wondering if I would see you again.”

The man who had spoke earlier was leaned against a tree beside me. Another woman was leaned against him in a way that only lovers were capable of.

I looked back at the one called Tine. She had semi-short dark brown hair, with her bangs parted to one side. She was small, but something told me she could hold her own. She looked very pretty.

“Thank you,” she said. She looked at me as she said it. Did she hear what I had thought?

“Yes, I did.” Tine smiled as she spoke, evidently amused by my dumbfounded expression.

“Tine, is it really necessary to mess with him? He’s been through a lot today,” the male said in a deep clear voice. She stuck her tongue out at him. He just rolled his eyes and looked at me. They all had the blue eyes that I could recognize as a vampires.

“Not all vampires,” he said suddenly.

“Oh, now who’s messing with him?” Tine ask in a playful tone.

“He’s starting to get really worried, you might want to calm him down,” the girl leaned against the man said, speaking for the first time.

“Forgive me, I think introductions are in order. I am Thackery. This,” he indicated the girl in his arms, “is my wife, Mellody, but you can call her Mell.”

“Hello,” Mell said with a kind smile.

“That little monster over there is my sister, Tine. Tine and I can hear people’s thoughts, but I can also make others hear mine if I chose to. Don’t worry, we don’t always listen to people’s thoughts. Just when we meet new people. Mell can sense your feelings. She can also make you feel how she wants you to feel.”

As if to enforce that fact, I suddenly felt calm. I looked at Mell and she smiled back. She had longer brown hair. It lay strait down past her shoulders. She was taller than Tine, about the same height as Thackery, maybe a millimeter taller. She was very pretty. I suddenly remembered Thackery’s ability. He laughed.

“It’s ok, I know its true, but keep your eyes to yourself. I’d hate to have to kill you.”

I knew he could too, easily. He had short curly red hair. He was about my height, maybe an inch taller. The sleeveless shirt he wore, even though it was probably 50 degrees here, revealed very muscular arms. He was slim, but not small. Defiantly a fighter.

I’ve won more fights than you can count, and I don’t have any intentions of losing. His mouth never moved, but I could hear his voice clearly. This must have been how he made others hear his thoughts.

Tine and Tiffany were sitting in the tent watching the events, whispering back and forth on occasions. I sat there for a second as I committed their names to memory. I remembered him saying something about vampires eyes.

“Yes. Not all vampires have blue eyes, just the ones that haven’t tasted human blood in a while. Vampires with violet eyes are the ones you should worry about. They drink human blood a lot. While it is more satisfying than animal blood, its also a poison. The more you drink it, ironically, the less human you become. You become more like a demon, like the ones you faced earlier,” he answered.

“That is why we only drink animal blood,” Mell said in a strong voice. I had a feeling that she had helped Thackery win some of those fights. You would be right. I glanced over at him. He smiled with a brightness I had never seen before as he kissed her cheek. He was proud of Mell.

“You said you had been waiting for him?” Tiffany ask.

“Yes. There is a prophecy from long ago that spoke of a warrior that would lead a vampire army into Hell and defeat the evils that reside there. With the death of Lucifer, we vampires could be human again,” Tine answered in a high, girly voice.

“So, what? You think I’m this warrior? You think I’m going to lead an army to storm the gates of Hell and kill Satin himself? No. No. There’s no way I could be this warrior.” I could tell I was starting to panic. But I couldn’t help but feel calm. I looked at Mell. She looked into my eyes. I suddenly felt tired.

“I think it would be best if you slept. You’ve had a long day,” Mell spoke quietly.

“Actually, we could all use some rest. We have a long road ahead of us. We leave at dusk. That gives us five hours. Don’t worry, Tine and I will know if anyone tries to sneak up on us,” Thackery stated with authority.

The more I thought about it, the more sleep sounded nice. Tiffany crawled back into the tent. Tine stood and stretched, then hopped lightly up onto a tree branch that was well shaded. After settling in the crook where the branch separated from the trunk and laying with her feet outstretched on the branch, she closed her eyes and didn’t reopen them. I looked at Thackery and Mell. They had sat against the tree across from Tine’s. Mell had her head against his chest. She looked up and kissed him in such a passionate way that I thought I was intruding by looking. I stretched out on the ground and let Mell’s ability take over, sliding into unconsciousness.



© 2011 Scarlett Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love these new characters! their abilities are simply awesome. I especially like the feisty one, Tine. She reminds me a lot of myself, except for the unfortionate fact that I can't read minds of course.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on January 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Author

Scarlett Moon
Scarlett Moon

Carbon Hill, AL



About
I live in a small town in Alabama. Graduated in 2012. Poetry is my favorite form of writing, but I have the imagination of a little kid so fictional stories come natural to me. I always enjoy feedback.. more..

Writing