As An Angel Watches the Sunset

As An Angel Watches the Sunset

A Poem by Dylan James
"

I wrote this in my High School Creative Writing class. It was inspired by a photography session with my girlfriend. We were taking pictures of the sun setting down the road from her house. (the actual picture she took is the avatar of the poem.)

"

The sun rages over the horizon
like a bonfire,
bursting from its shell of newspaper, sticks, and leaves.
We stood there in the road,
betwixt the trees,
Which were like silhouettes of a city,
pasted along the blazing sky.
We captured the sun.
In our cameras,
in our hearts,
and in our very lives.
The feeling of such an image,
is like finding real love,
it can only happen once.
It happened with you. . .
Underneath the blazing sky.
I love you, Angel.

© 2008 Dylan James


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderful recreation of a beautiful experience!Vivid and volatile the silhouette of the city pasted against the blazing sky...great picture.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This was beautiful! I like how the sunset was compared to real love and that it only happens once. Its very true. Each sunset is as unique as any human born. And just as with a special human in our lives, so do the sunsets fill us with awe and splendor. Keep up the good work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


i really like this alot

Posted 16 Years Ago


fantastic picture! i think that picture conveys a poem all in itself without any words needed at all! but your poem conveys the image in a different light - perhaps a different kind of orange, an unseen hue. i liked the image of the tree's sillhouettes appearing like a city. it struck an image the picture didnt show, and thats why this works so well.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Dylan James
Dylan James

Terre Haute, IN



About
As previously stated, my name is Dylan. I'm from Terre Haute, Indiana(also previously stated). And I have the average life of an average teenager. A couple health difficulties askew from the norm, but.. more..

Writing