Ch 4: New Mission

Ch 4: New Mission

A Chapter by Rae



          The rest of the day sucked. Seth was mad at me because I brought Faith back, Tweak was making fun of my awful fighting styles, and everyone else was just mad at me for no apparent reason. I didn't know what to do other than run around the school yard a few times with my iPod in my ears blaring "The Devil Wears Prada". That was my sweet escape, but Tweak had to come and ruin it.

"What's up, grass-head?" She greeted. I ignored her and continued listening to Mike Hranica's screams. She glared at me, probably because she hated being ignored. "Hey grass-head? Why did you get your a*s beat so badly?" I didn't let her get to me, because I'll start to turn tomato red, and scream at her at the top of my lungs. But Tweak decided that she wouldn't be ignored. She ran a few feet ahead and just stood there until I came running along and stuck her foot out, tripping me and causing me to fall flat on my face.

"I'm bored! Pay attention to me!" She pouted out her lip as she stood over me, hands on her hips. I got back up and took out my headphones. "What do you want, Tweak?" I asked with a stern tone in my voice. She smiled victoriously. "Oh nothing...I just need you to do me a little favor." she walked closer to me and walked her fingers up my chest, which gave me chills. "And that would be?" I asked. She gave me a smirk and stopped with the finger thing. She handed me a note and whispered in my ear, "Give this to the man who I want to kill my father."

My eyes widened. She was planning an assassination!? Well we were runners, and we of course were on the run from police along with criminals for associating with them. "Y-You...um...uh..." I stuttered, thinking of what to say. She put her finger to my lips, keeping her smirk plastered on her face. "Shhh....It's our little secret. Now get your sweet, tight a*s moving before I have to hurt you severely." she smiled before taking her finger off my lips and turning me around, giving me a shove.

I ran to my room to read the address, which told me to go all the way to Boston. That was hours from here. I quickly sneaked out of my room and headed over to Faith's, trying to see if she would come along with me. I couldn't leave her all alone with Seth. Zeke would help...but he wasn't enough. She answered the door, her blue eyes matching her tank-top that was followed by a cute pair of denim shorts. She still wore her running shoes, it was required. She smiled at me, I smiled back. "Hey Livewi-." she was cut off because I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the exit of the Institute. "I have a secret task, given by someone that goes to the school. Come with me, please?" I asked. Faith stood there, her eyes saddened. "No Live, I can't."

My heart sank. "Why?" I asked. She stood there, looking down at her feet. "Because I can't...." she shook her head as tears streamed down her face. "I'm scared. I need to train more. I'd go...but I can't! I'm not ready for something stupid like this! I'm not ready." she rambled on. I stood there, frozen. I understood what she was saying, but I just didn't want to let her go. I wiped her tears away and kissed her lips gently. She pulled away and shook her head. "I can't Live...I can't." she turned around and took off....and I stood there, watching her leave.


© 2010 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Haven't written in a LONG time.

Aaaaaaaaaaand its too short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on June 12, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010


Author

Rae
Rae

CA



About
Hey, I'm Rae. I'm just a normal teenage girl....sort of. here are the fun facts! Colors: Blue and Silver Band: I am now a big fat Hot Chelle Rae girl. Hello, my name's in it! Musical Instrument.. more..

Writing
Sail Sail

A Poem by Rae


Never Again... Never Again...

A Book by Rae


Animation Animation

A Poem by Rae