2:  8 Months Later (Amanda's POV)

2: 8 Months Later (Amanda's POV)

A Chapter by DMC_Jakob
"

My first attempt at writing from a woman's point of view. Be honest.

"

I do not believe for one second that Alex jumped out of our attic.  I mean he wasn't that stupid.  And he said he loved me, and we had a good life, so why jump?  And he never said he wanted to be Superman, so he wouldn't try to fly either.  Unless he was cracked up.  But I don't see Alex getting high.  I honestly believe he was pushed out that window.  But the police said there were no signs of forced entry, and when I left, there was no one in the house.  My only thought was that he could have let someone in.  Which led me to think about cheating.  But I couldn't see him cheating either.  BY this time, my head was seriously throbbing and I decided to go to an amusement park.  That was always my way of calming down.

 

Anyway, that was eight months ago, and I've decided to try to get past it.  I do not live in that house anymore, I couldn't handle it.  Call me cheesy, but I didn't want to be in the house where the love of my life was killed, because I still don't believe he jumped.  If you think I'm being biased, get over it.  Because I really don't care what you think, so there!  Where was I?

 

Oh, yeah.

 

It was the summer of 2008, and I'd decided the heat was torture.  I was sitting in my car with the air up as high as it would go, and my back was sticking to the hot leather where my baby blue tank top didn't cover.  And the backs of my thighs were practically glued to the seat.  I was parked in front of an ice cream shop, trying to decide whether I should stay in my oven or go get some nice cold ice cream.  I decided to go in, figuring that the cool air would feel better than sitting in the car in 98 degree weather.  Even my awesome air conditioner couldn't help me.  I pushed open the door and climbed out of my little 2008 Chevy Cobalt.  It was bright red and I loved my little car.

 

The air outside the car was sweltering and the humidity almost made me pass out.  I quickly made my way into the small shop and pushed the door shut behind me.  The air was cool and refreshing and I could breathe normally.  The sweat on my face and chest made my skin feel cold and I smiled, closing my eyes briefly.  Behind the counter, a small teen girl, most likely taking on a summer job, smiled out at me.  Her eyes just screamed "Haha, I get to sit in a cooled shop all day while you ride around in your hot little car with the leather interior."  She can bite me.  My little car is completely worth it, so there!  I ordered a really big vanilla ice cream cone and sat at one of the tables in a far corner of the little shop.  There were only three other people there, and I didn't know one of them right off the bat.

 

I saw someone approach me as I licked the dripping side of my ice cream.  He was tall and handsome with shaggy brown hair and deep-sea blue eyes.  He had a firm mouth and when he smiled, his whole face softened.  He had a deep tan and very obvious muscles under his loose black t-shirt.  And he was walking right toward me.  He sat across from me and I stared into his eyes, still eating my ice cream.  He smiled and rested his elbows on the table.

 

"Hello, Amanda."  I cocked my head and raised my eyebrow just like my mother used to do when she knew I was lying.  His face fell just slightly, then he smiled wider and I realized my ice cream had begun to drip down my arm.  I wiped it off with a napkin and turned back to face him.

 

"Sorry, who are you?"

 

He sighed.  "I knew you probably wouldn't remember me.  It's been eight months, which, by the way, you never called.  I'm John..."

 

I had to think for several long moments before I remembered him and then it came to me.  "OH YEAH!  I remember you.  You left me your card."

 

"Yeah."  He laughed and then the conversation sank into a really awkward silence.  "So, uh, I was just thinking... And you don't have to say yes, Hell, you don't even have to answer, but, uh--"

 

"Are you still a cop?" I asked before I could stop myself.

 

Her smiled.  "Yeah.  Yeah, I am."

 

"Cool!  Have you ever been shot?"

 

"No."

 

"Have..."  I paused and smiled.  "Sorry, you were going to ask me something?"

 

He nodded and traced invisible designs on the table in front of him.  "Yeah... I was wondering if you wanted to, uh..."  He chuckled.  "If you wanted to go do something.  With me."

 

I smiled and licked my ice cream again.  "When did you have in mind?"

 

"This Friday?"

 

My head shot up and my heart thudded hard in my chest.  "Th-this Friday?"

 

He looked concerned.  "Uh, yeah."

 

"No.  I can't, I have something I have to do... What about Saturday?"

 

"Work..."

 

"Sunday?"

 

"Church."

 

I sighed heavily.  "Um.  What days are you off?"

 

"Tuesday and Friday."

 

"So, what about Tuesday?"

 

"Taking my neice to a softball game."

 

"Wow."

 

He tilted his head down and I instantly felt horrible.  "Alright, then."  He stood up and I grabbed his arm.

 

"Wait..."  He turned back to face me.  I sighed.  "Maybe I could come up with some way to make Friday work."  He shook his head.

 

"Look, if you have something you have to do, that's fine."

 

"No, I'll make it work."  I smiled my best smile.  "7:30 sound alright?"

 

"Sure."  He smiled.  "7:30 it is.  See you then."

 

"Bye."  I grinned watched him leave the ice cream shop with his hands shoved into his pockets.  I felt oddly satisfied.  He seemed like a really nice guy.  My watch beeped.  I glanced down and sighed.  Time for work.  I stood up and threw away the last little bit of my ice cream cone before walking back out to my car.



© 2009 DMC_Jakob


Author's Note

DMC_Jakob
My first attempt at writing from a woman's point of view, and I feel weird. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on March 19, 2009
Last Updated on March 22, 2009


Author

DMC_Jakob
DMC_Jakob

LALA, NJ



About
I'm Jakob, and I'm 21 years old. I have 2 half-brothers and 1 half-sister. I have a baby girl (Angel), she's 2 years old and I love her to death. I'm a single father. My favorite movie is The Love.. more..

Writing
The Reason The Reason

A Chapter by DMC_Jakob


Work Work

A Chapter by DMC_Jakob