Friday

Friday

A Chapter by DMC_Jakob

I was sitting in the office building across from my Friday target, and the abandoned building I was in gave me the perfect view of the cheater in his own office.  Married man, screwing his secretary.  Typical.  I hated cheaters.  I would make sure he died inside her, and I would make sure she screamed in fear.  Cases like these, I think my boss knows how I feel and gives them to me because of it.  I lifted the gun, and despite the fact that I was supposed to kill him at 7:00, I waited until her hands were locked on the sides of his desk and he was bent low over her, pumping fast.  Then I fired the first round.  It struck his pale white a*s and I laughed and fired again.  And again, and again.  My phone rang and I hesitated to answer it, knowing the boss would most likely be angry.  But I answered it anyway and was shocked to hear him laughing.

 

"You shot him in the a*s?"

 

"Yes, sir."

 

"On purpose?"

 

"Yes, sir."

 

He laughed again.  You know you only had to shoot him once, right?"

 

"I know."

 

"Alright.  You know how it works."

 

"Yep."

 

"Can you hear her screaming?"

 

"Yeah, her coworkers are already filing in.  Gotta be awkward seeing her burried under his pig a*s."

 

"Yeah, no kidding.  By the way, nice choice with the leather pants.  And the heels, you know I love those heels."  I looked down.

 

"You can see me now?"

 

"Of course I can.  I have to keep an eye out for my girl."

 

"Your girl?"

 

"You work for me, baby, that makes you my girl.  Now, climb out that window and get to running, you've got four police officers and three guys from the squad coming right toward you.  Hang up the phone and run."  I slammed my phone closed, cursed, and climbed out the window onto the ledge.  Now here's one thing about me.  I'm scared of heights.  Really painfully scared unless there's a rail behind me that I can grip.  Out on the side of a building, there is no ledge.  So, naturally, I spent a few moments gripping the building.  My phone rang and I pressed it to my ear.  "RUN, AMANDA, RUN NOW!!!"  I whimpered and he cursed.  "Hold on, I'm sending someone down."  I looked up and saw a man scaling down the wall.  He was big and buff and bald, but he looked to be only 25 or so.  "His name is Daniel.  He'll get you out of there."  Daniel stopped next to me and took my phone and clipped it to his belt.  He wrapped me in strong arms and jumped.  I screamed and he clutched me tighter to his chest.  We were five stories up!  And he jumped!  With me!!!  I squeezed my eyes shut and felt us land on something soft and squishy.  I opened my eyes and saw a stack of matresses under me.

 

"Oh, my god."

 

Daniel laughed.  "You alright?"

 

"I'll get back to you on that."  I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair.

 

"Boss told me to keep an eye on you and make sure you get home safe and without any tails.  So I'll be your escort."

 

I nodded and he handed me back my phone right as it rang.  "You are a sick, sick b*****d," I said into the phone.

 

Boss laughed.  "You love it.  Daniel has your money.  I threw in an extra couple hundred for the entertainment.  Count it out, there should be fifteen thousand in there.  But I don't exactly trust Daniel not to steal any of it.  If you come up short tell him to give it back.  Okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

I shut the phone and Daniel handed me a manilla folder which held my money.  I counted it out quickly.  Only ten thousand.  I grinned at Daniel.

 

"Where's the rest of it?"

 

"What?" he asked with a sly grin on his face.

 

"Give me the rest of my money, ya jerk."

 

He laughed and handed me a stack of money and I counted out the last five thousand.

 

"Thank you."

 

I sat for a bit and felt the wind whip my hair around my face and neck.  THe truck turned down my street and I tried to see down into the cab.

 

"Who's driving this thing?"

 

"Boss is.  He wanted to see for sure that you got home safe.  But don't tell him I told you."

 

I looked even closer, but it was too dark to see anything and the windows were tinted.  "He's so mean," I said.

 

"Yeah, slightly sadistic."  The truck stopped in front of my house and I jumped down off the matresses, waved to Daniel and my boss, who I couldn't tell if he waved back.  Daniel leaned back on the matresses and waved, crossing his arms behind his head.  The truck pulled off and I stepped into my nice cool house.  I glanced at the clock on the wall.  7:15.  I sprinted upstairs to my room and rummaged through my closet.  I had no clue where we would be going, so I settled on my little purple cami and my brand new jeans and high-top boots.  My phone rang and I sprinted back downstairs to answer it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Amanda, hey, it's John.  Um... Something came up.  At work.  A guy was shot a few times."

 

"Oh, no," I said, feigning surprise.

 

"Yeah.  So, we have two choices... Either we have to cancel and find some other time to get together, or you can come with me."

 

I smiled.  He really wanted me.  "Um.  I guess we'll find some other time."

 

He sighed.  "Okay.  I'm really sorry.  I was supposed to have the day off, but they needed an extra hand."

 

"Did you find anything yet?"

 

"No, just a duffle bag."

 

I smacked my forehead.  "So, no leads?"

 

"No, so this might take a while.  Can I call you later?"

 

"Sure.  Yeah, that would be great."

 

I heard the smile in his voice.  "Cool.  Talk to you later, then."

 

"Yeah, later.  Bye."

 

"Bye."

 

I hung up the phone and kicked the wall.  I'd forgotten my duffle bag.  My cell rang and I pressed it to my ear.  Instead of a greeting, I muttered, "S**t.  D****t, my duffle bag was still in the building."

 

"A minor complication.  If need be, my men will take out the entire squad."

 

"That's too much publicity."

 

"Well, I'll do what I have to to keep them from finding you out.  What did you have in that bag, Amanda?"

 

"Shorts, a couple t-shirts, a pair of pants, a whip..."

 

"Anything with your name on it?"

 

I thought for a minute and collapsed against the wall.  "A picture of me and my husband..."

 

"F**k.  Are you kidding me?"

 

"No, sir."

 

"D****t, Amanda!  I told you, nothing of sentimental value!"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

He sighed.  "If they lock you up, I'll have to come out of hiding.  They could tie you to me.  Do you burn the files after you read them?"

 

"Yes, of course."  I wasn't that stupid.

 

"Good, then maybe they can't figure it out.  But they can get you.  You better hope your boy can keep you safe.  I can't believe you disobeyed me, this could be disastrous for you."  He sighed.  I felt the tears rolling down my face and sniffed.  "S**t.  Don't move, I'm on my way over."

 

"Whoa, what?"

 

"You heard me.  Don't move."

 

"But... You never show yourself to me or anyone else."

 

"Amanda, if you couldn't tell, I really care what happens to you.  You're my best girl, if something happens to you, my business goes down the tubes.  I'm right around the corner, I'll be there in a minute."  He hung up and I stood next to the door.

 

Only a minute or two later, there was a knock on the door, and I pushed it open.  There was a tall man in his mid to late twenties with short black hair and deep green eyes.  He was tanned and looked very strong.

 

"Now you know what I look like.  If you tell anybody I will kill you myself.  Understand?"

 

"Yes, sir."  I let him in and he looked me over. 

 

"Very nice."  He brushed away a few tears.  "Crying doesn't suit you, baby.  Makes your face red."  He poked my nose and we walked into the living room.  He sat down on my long sofa and pulled out his own phone.  "Daniel, bring over a pizza and a six-pack of soda."  I raised my eyebrow and he smiled at me.  "No beer for you, sweetheart.  I need your mind clear."  He stood up and walked over to me, pinning me to the wall.  "You're in a shitload of trouble, baby.  You need to listen to what I say from now on.  Especially now if you want to stay out of prison."  He leaned in and kissed me lightly and my heart fluttered.  "I've been dying to do that."

 

I jumped as I heard another knock on the door, more frantic then the boss.  I pushed past him and moved to open the door.  John pushed in past me and held up my picture.


"What the hell did you do, Amanda?"

 

Oh, boy.



© 2009 DMC_Jakob


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What the f**k that's it????? What a tease!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on March 22, 2009


Author

DMC_Jakob
DMC_Jakob

LALA, NJ



About
I'm Jakob, and I'm 21 years old. I have 2 half-brothers and 1 half-sister. I have a baby girl (Angel), she's 2 years old and I love her to death. I'm a single father. My favorite movie is The Love.. more..

Writing
The Reason The Reason

A Chapter by DMC_Jakob