From Where I Sit

From Where I Sit

A Poem by The Daisy
"

...absurdity...

"
I see
malarkey
fierce like fires.

I see
mediocrity
spawned straight round.

I see
banality
swerving humanity's course.

I see
them people
and I have none but compassion.

 

© 2013 The Daisy


Author's Note

The Daisy
So sorry I have been away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

compassion makes the world go round...i like the personification...
it takes such a human spirit to be kind to others.
next to last line i might change to "those people"...would be grammatically smoother.
Was a bit of a stopper for me...but overall..i really like this poem.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Your poem speaks to me of imperfection. None of us is perfect and your poem reaches out with compassion to those with flaws.

Thank you

Chris



Posted 5 Years Ago


We could see a lot from our surroundings but sometime those unfavorable observations could stood out from the rest. The voice, who appears to separate himself/herself from a crowd, clearly narrates his/her observation.

Posted 10 Years Ago



I see
them people
and I have none but compassion.
shoud'ent that be those people ?

anyhow good write i loved it :)



Posted 10 Years Ago


I see exactly the same thing - probably because I spend a little too much time on Facebook and drinking coffee in various spots locally, but then I visit www.quora.com and realise that it's not all bad.

I like this for the simple imagery of you (well, someone - a daisy would be a little too much like an acid trip) watching the world go by and simply observing people, which if you haven't guessed is pretty much a hobby of mine. The line about "swerving humanity's course" is a great one, because it is an interesting perspective to ponder the contributory effect the everyday person has on the world; however, you should then remember that it tends to be the minority, not the majority, that shapes our fate...

As such I think it would be an interesting twist to develop this piece or create a follow up to examine the flip-side and put a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. While this is good in its simplicity, I can't help but find it a little...hollow and one dimensional in its perspective? Don't get me wrong I think this is good (although "nothing but compassion" would seem a better grammatical fit to me) and if it was my view of the world, it would probably end as saying that I have "...all, but compassion"; I guess you must be a little more patient and forgiving that I!

Dismiss me as a lunatic, if you will it. Glad you're back.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2013
Last Updated on June 11, 2013
Tags: absurdity

Author

The Daisy
The Daisy

Quezon City, Philippines



About
I live deliberately and deeply. Thoreau would always haunt me and tell me to 'suck the marrow out of life' and I resolved I can do that through writing. more..

Writing
My Reverie My Reverie

A Poem by The Daisy


She She

A Poem by The Daisy