Ghost Among Men

Ghost Among Men

A Story by Dakota R. Lane

It is from this pain and anguish that I have come, for I have become the sorrow of God forever knowing the lost love of those who will never see. For with such wisdom comes much sorrow, and the price of knowledge brings the pains of loneliness.

The tears of Heaven fall from my eyes, for I have been given the gift of foresight into the souls of humanity. To know the true nature of who they are, and as God longs for them to turn back to Him thus I long to help them turn. But I have come to know the pain that hangs heavy in the throne of Heaven, for man can not be turned unless he chooses to do so. It is the gift of choice by which we decide the outcome of our souls, the weight of the Heavens sits upon my shoulders, much as Atlas carried the earth, so must I carry the Heavens.

In theses times, I have seen much pain and sorrow, yet those I wish to help will not see nor listen, and the pain of their choice weighs heavy on my spirit. For I cry to the Heavens for an answer yet I hear nothing but silence. For what reason does God allow this curse of knowledge and insight to prey upon my soul, for what purpose have I come to that such wisdom would be used to His benefit and Glory.

Maybe it is not time for me to know, but I understand the loneliness that fills the Halls of the Heavenly Palace brought upon by man's refusal to do God's will, but it is a choice he has been given, and it will remain a choice until the time comes in which the creation is judged, but why is this knowledge given to me. For what purpose do I exist? This is my curse and my punishment. To forever remain alone, all-knowing but never seen, or I am the Ghost that walks among Men.

© 2010 Dakota R. Lane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

And there are times you refuse to accept the hand offered in help... we all do.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the way you wrote the story. As I was reading there were a couple of errors, but there not noticeable, so don't worry. You've created a very vivid image in my brain, and I just kept reading the story over and over because I LOVE it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your writing is amazing. I swear to God you should be published! The emotiones are so strong and you paint the perfect pictures in my mind

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 9, 2010

Author

Dakota R. Lane
Dakota R. Lane

Midland, TX



About
Proud native of the state of Texas. Veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. From Ft Worth, Texas. more..

Writing