Love from the Broken Hearted

Love from the Broken Hearted

A Story by Dakota R. Lane

 

There are times I wonder why I feel the way I do about those I love. For the feelings I feel are that of desperation, compassion, and confusion all rolled into one. Why do I fall for the ones I know I can never have. So I resign myself to that distant love that is all I have ever known.

Forced to love my love from a distance, I pray that someone can love me as much as I love them. To feel the passion of being wanted, to feel possessed by a feeling that has no name, no depth, no width, no time, nothing but passion that is seen through the eyes of a lover that loves from the heart and gives their whole spirit and body into the passion that is equally given in return.

To fill this void in my spirit only by the presence of woman, to fuel this fire of passion and give heat to the cold flame that burns inside of me but chills me soul because of its desire for the love of another. This is my prayer, my desire, my love, my despair.

© 2010 Dakota R. Lane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010

Author

Dakota R. Lane
Dakota R. Lane

Midland, TX



About
Proud native of the state of Texas. Veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. From Ft Worth, Texas. more..

Writing