Plagued

Plagued

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew awakens in a new situation, and must piece together his memories quickly.

"
Andrew woke up, alone in his room. He couldn't remember how he got there, where he was, or what he had been doing. He looked around, it was dark, nighttime. Cool air rushed through the open windows of the room he sat in and licked against his skin. He was confused, the last thing he remembered was going to drop off Ivan and Luke at school, then he was going to visit Nico. Andrew stood up, and turned on a light. He walked to the door to his room and out into the main room.
The main room was trashed, the cabinets had been raided, the furniture flipped over, food laying all over the floor, everything was ruined.
"What happened here?" Andrew asked himself, "Did we have a party or something..."
As he looked around, he saw a small little notepad. Picking it up, he saw, written in Caseys handwriting and red ink "Nico called, want's to talk to Andrew". As Andrew read this, his memory of the talk slowly came back to him.

“What if it happens again?” Nico asked, sitting in a rocking chair in the living room and looking up at Andrew “Do you even have a plan?”

“Really, you want to have this conversation?” Andrew said, lying down across the couch.

“Yes! We need to worry about this.”

“No, we don’t. We are safe now.”

“Oh really? You know Peakdale, Blue Water, that whole area is still in quarantine. And if one Infected, one Walker, one Possessed gets out, it all happens all over again. How can you not see that? We got out a week ago, there’s still a threat.”

“There is no threat, we are in New York City, six hours away from Peakdale, by car mind you. The Military has that place locked down, you and I both know that. We are staying here, where we are safe.”

“No! Your not listening!” Nico said standing up “The five of us, we have to get out of the City. I can feel it, I know that the plague is going to come here to the city. This whole place is going to fall, and it won’t be like Peakdale. It won’t be a couple hundred zombies we have to deal with, it will be a couple million.”

“We. Are. Not. Leaving. There is no chance that is going to happen. Their is no chance of a zombie making its way from Peakdale to NYC and actually surviving.”

“How can you be so sure? How do you know the military won’t bring one here?” Nico said.

Andrew stood up and looked him in the eye, “Why the f**k would they do that?”


Suddenly Andrew came back, "Well at least now I can remember what we talked about..." He stood up and began looking around some more. He walked into the kitchen, where he found several half finished sandwiches and an open jar of peanut butter.
"Luke and Ivan must have just gotten home when this happened..."
"Where's my gun?" Andrew said, bursting through the door of the apartment.
"Your what?" Casey asked.
"My gun."
"What do you need that for." She said, putting down the knife she was using to make peanut butter sandwiches.
"No time to explain in detail, but the zombies, there here."
Casey's face turned pale, "Here, in New York City?"
"Yes, take Luke and Ivan. Go to the parking lot, get in the car and wait. I'll be right down." Andrew said, he spun the pistol that was in his hand so the grip faced Casey. "Take it, you'll need it."
Casey took the gun and called out too Ivan and Luke to come. Ivan walked past Andrew without a word, but Luke stopped. "What's going on he asked."
"Nothing, just go." Andrew said, kissing him on the forehead.
"What are you going to do?" Casey asked.
"Rescue Nico."

"I... I can't remember... how did they get into the city? What's going on" Andrew said, collapsing against the wall of the kitchen. As he did he looked at his hands, and found them covered in blood.

Andrew sat with his back against the bathroom door. The 15 year old boy brushed a hair out of his eye with his bloody hands. The bright light hurt his eyes and the steam from the running shower was causing him to sweat. He wiped his face with his blood-stained t-shirt. He could hear the infected pounding on the door, the moans and groans of the ressurects moving through the apartment, the taunts and shouts of the possessed from outside. This was it, Andrew thought. This was where it was all going to end. He reached into the bathtub and took Nico's pistol from his bloodied corpse. He loaded his own shotgun and then loaded the pistol. Andrew stood up, and turned to face the doorway. He pumped his shotgun and prepared to look death in the face. He heard a screech from behind him, he looked out the window and saw one of the possessed at the window. Its bright yellow eyes, its decaying flesh and teeth, blood dripping from its mouth. Nico's blood. 
"F**k!" Andrew shouted and fired at the window.

"Nico's dead..." Andrew thought to himself... "What the f**k! Nico is dead!" 
Andrew stood up and punched the wall hard, but, of course, nothing happened. He punched it again, and again, as tears began streaming down his face. As he bloodied his knuckles, he started thinking.
"The parking garage..." He said to himself "I need to get to the parking garage."


© 2012 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 23, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac